Whitney Houston Dead

tonyh29

Addiction is a disease right up to the point a cure is offered and not taken.

Isn't that rejection a symptom of the disease?

To a point. She had all the resources and all the reason any human being should need to get better and she didn't take it.

"**** her" was perhaps a bit harsh and I'll retract that if I may but I have no sympathy for her.

But it's still sad nonetheless, right?

Honestly? No, not really. I can't pretend to care if I don't really care.

Sigh.

I'm reminded of the day Michael Jackson died, one of my friends - a mere acquaintance, really - posted on facebook that he never considered Jackson talented and hence he couldn't be bothered. I'm not an MJ fan at all but FFS someone just died!

I feel just a tinge of sadness because of her death, but only due to the fact that I'm a fellow human being, and not because I listen to her music (I don't).

I never said she's not talented. In a way, that makes me respect her less; that she saw fit to throw it all away. I didn't care about her when she was alive and I'm not going to pretend I care now even if the internet demands that everyone mourn absolutely every celebrity that dies as if we've just lost our first born.

Sigh.

I'm reminded of the day Michael Jackson died, one of my friends - a mere acquaintance, really - posted on facebook that he never considered Jackson talented and hence he couldn't be bothered. I'm not an MJ fan at all but FFS someone just died!

I feel just a tinge of sadness because of her death, but only due to the fact that I'm a fellow human being, and not because I listen to her music (I don't).

people are dying all the time, do you experience similar tinge of sadness for all of these? Are you in a constant state of ever increasing sadness one tinge at a time over the 150,000+ people it is estimated die each day, why would you feel any more sadness for the passing of someone you had no emotional tie to and only knew about due to celeb status than all those who die unknown to yourself?

So I'm with BOF on this one

Sigh.

people are dying all the time, do you experience similar tinge of sadness for all of these? Are you in a constant state of ever increasing sadness one tinge at a time over the 150,000+ people it is estimated die each day, why would you feel any more sadness for the passing of someone you had no emotional tie to and only knew about due to celeb status than all those who die unknown to yourself?

So I'm with BOF on this one

It's easy to forget about the huge numbers of people who die every day that's true, but whenever I happen to think about it (like now) I do feel a tinge - just a tinge mind, nowhere near depression - of sadness.

And no, I won't mourn her or reminisce about her like the media will probably will but that doesn't mean I don't feel a slight degree of pity.

I think the only celeb/pop star whose death upset me in any way at all was John Lennon.

I wish he was still alive too, three or four generations of people would have completely **** forgotten about that band. Mark Chapman has way too much to answer for.

I think the only celeb/pop star whose death upset me in any way at all was John Lennon.

I wish he was still alive too, three or four generations of people would have completely **** forgotten about that band.

They really wouldn't you know.

Because sooner or later they would have given in to the pressure to reform, and it would have been all over the media again.

I agree that death is usually a good career move though.

Yeah and on that basis I hope Justin Bieber never ever dies.

Alternatively you could hope he dies tomorrow, might as well get the Whitney / Beiber 12 months out of the ears at the same time. The bonus is you'll only get 50% of each.

Alternatively you could hope he dies tomorrow, might as well get the Whitney / Beiber 12 months out of the ears at the same time. The bonus is you'll only get 50% of each.

It would at least dilute the media wankfest over the Queen's Jubilee and the centenary of Charles **** Dickens.

It would at least dilute the media wankfest over the Queen's Jubilee and the centenary of Charles **** Dickens.

My feelings on Lizzy the krauts little celebration should be obvious but the Dickens love in is also driving me nuts, Radio 4 seem to talk about that more than the olympics & Lizzie the kraut combined.

I wish he was still alive too, three or four generations of people would have completely **** forgotten about that band. Mark Chapman has way too much to answer for.

not a chance

true Lennon may have ended up pushing out bland music like McCartney has for the past 20 years but The Beatles would have still been massive now irrespective of Lennons death

Â