Hummel

lexicon

Where do you stand on the Hummel deal?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on the Hummel deal?

• Disappointed
    • Pleased

I have found the quality of the hummel stuff to be pants. I brought a tracksuit top and the zip broke, got a bench coat and again the zip broke but this time it was the main zip and the pockets. I am soo glad that they have gone TBH.

I have found the quality of the hummel stuff to be pants. I brought a tracksuit top and the zip broke, got a bench coat and again the zip broke but this time it was the main zip and the pockets. I am soo glad that they have gone TBH.

Luckily Nike are American and they have a zip-code.

So, you're saying only the hummel pants are quality? hehe.

I bought the nike made Brazil shirt for the 1998 world cup almost 10 years ago. I was 11, and it was Aus$110. HEAPS for me at the time, but I still wear it now, it is in excellent condition, and it has proved to be an excellent value purchase considering it looks only slightly worn after 9 years.

Very, very happy with Nike. In fact, the day after the deal was announced I bought myself some nike air runners to celebrate, and they are awesome too!

I bought the nike made Brazil shirt for the 1998 world cup almost 10 years ago. I was 11, and it was Aus$110. HEAPS for me at the time, but I still wear it now, it is in excellent condition, and it has proved to be an excellent value purchase considering it looks only slightly worn after 9 years.

Very, very happy with Nike. In fact, the day after the deal was announced I bought myself some nike air runners to celebrate, and they are awesome too!

mate, why are you wearing clobber that you brought 10 years ago? :shock:

Maybe it's retro like my Brazil away from the same year, only difference is that I was 15 not 11. What can a fully grown adult wear that they could when they were 11?

What brand which appears on the Villa shirt means sweet **** all to kids and grown ups. Sure there are opinions on what quality you find better, but if you intend to buy a shirt to support your club, you will do it anyway...especially kids, as considering quality towards purchase isnt something you do before you get older.

My own opinion re the hummel stuff was that they were a shoddy, 2nd rate sportswear outfit. For this reason I never bought any avfc hummel kit/training kit. I compensated with 1982 retro track top instead. 8)

This coming season I still wont buy the replica kit because I can't stand that cheap 32red logo on the front, however, I'll still buy a new avfc training top/polo shirt because Nike is a quality company. If we'd stuck with hummel I'd leave the training gear on the shelf and stick with the old retro gear like the 1957 shirt etc.

Thats just my buying philosophy, I've no idea whether there's others like me or not tbh.

We had similar problems with Asics from what I can remember, not so much the shirts but the other stuff like the long coats, the same one that sub players was often pictured in.

Two of my mates had em and the zips just broke off days after buying them, when they took em back to VP the club shop chucked them onto a burgeoning pile of returned sportswear and gave them new ones. The muller logo also used to full off after one wash.

My Asics managers jacket was perfectly OK though, I hasten to add.

Maybe it's retro like my Brazil away from the same year, only difference is that I was 15 not 11. What can a fully grown adult wear that they could when they were 11?

There are a few issues here. One is that I was in the middle of a growth spurt at the time. So I was probably only a few inches shorter than I am now when I bought it (I stopped growing at 5'10" at the age of 14 :( )

Because of that, I bought a small mens size. Slightly baggy at the time, but considering I was paying Aus$110, my dad insisted I buy something with some growing room. It is the perfect size for me, I wouldn't want it any bigger or smaller. It fits about the same as a medium tshirt would on me now.

It's also in very good condition. It's kept it's colour, it's almost completely free of pulls and loose threads, and it's still comfortable. Why would I not wear it?

It's this one here. It fits me pretty much how it fits these players. It's fantastic.

Image tags arent working for me, so here are links...

here

and here

I got the homejersey for the 94/95 season when I was 9, and it still fits, so of couse I wear it. Was pretty large on me when I got it, though :P

Â