Hummel

lexicon

Where do you stand on the Hummel deal?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on the Hummel deal?

• Disappointed
    • Pleased

3. Financial. I believe that the financial package is more attractive to us than the Hummel deal. I think someone mentioned something like £5m a year, though can't remember who.

If you can get this informatioon I will quite happily say that this is a better deal, but I want hard facts, not some people who see teh Nike swoosh and go weak at the knees.

Would the man who matters, the owner do that? If so, why? Is this billionaire a muppet? Do tell.

And Poodle, who is pretending to know anything?? People have voiced opinions...

So people can form an opinion based on nothing, in your opinion. Surely opinions are formed based on some level of tangible knowledge/research. Hence my initial question, which seems to have raised the ire of someof the more provocative on here.

And opinions can also be based on personal experiences of the product. If I beleived Hummel to be crap when Villa first had a deal with them, I would not have bought anything Hummel.

As it stands most of the stuff I have bought has not lasted much longer than a year. Sponsors logo peeling off being a common complaint for the Hummel kit, which was not a major problem with the previous manufacturers.

Ok, how easy is it to get an Aston Villa Hummel kit? Outside Birmingham it is pretty hit and miss from what I have found. The Nike distribution network however is vast and our shirts will be stocked in shops within markets where our shirts have been practically impossible to get.

Are you saying that a Nike store in L.A. will stock a Villa shirt?

I think that is a good shout seeing how few teams they choose to sponsor, we could also have a presence in the club shop of Barca which has a section devoted to shirts of other Nike teams and countries. Not sure if they do that in their sponsored club shops, I can't really see it at Old Trafford or Celtic but certainly the likes of Barca with it's great tourist footfall.

Villa shirt in a Barca store? absolutely no chance I am afraid, it's only Man Ure and other really premier teams that get in there.

I thank you! You have proved my point, Nike have chosen us to be a Premier team because they BELIEVE in our owners business plan.

Villa ank Nike will be collaborating to have a store in Birmingham city centre in the future to reflect this partnership to fill the gap between Man Utd in the north and Arsenal in the south.

They must be really impressed with Fulhams plan then too, what elite company we are in.

Do your reseasrch on the Fulham deal in off tpoic, theirs is through a third party. I'm not prepared to go over that old ground, read the thread and the comments of NV on the issue.

Fulham's deal is a 3 party distribution deal, not direct with Nike I believe. Always worth checking your facts before you post...

But it's still Nike, so surely it will still be sold in a Nike store, as was the point I was making wrt the shirts being stocked in the Barca store. Please read the thread before you post.

But it's still Nike, so surely it will still be sold in a Nike store, as was the point I was making wrt the shirts being stocked in the Barca store. Please read the thread before you post.

You are so wrong. As Fulham's deal is with a 3rd party, that 3rd party would have to negotiate with Nike to get them to stock a Fulham shirt in their store. As they are doing Villa's kit themselves, it's in their interests to sell Villa shirts in their stores as they make all revenue from sales. No losing out on margin due to any 3rd party costs.

And I have read the whole thread. Good of you to assume otherwise

Fulham's deal is a 3 party distribution deal, not direct with Nike I believe. Always worth checking your facts before you post...

What crossman said!

Forum guidelines

Poodle, as you can see from the above link that arguing for arguments sake is against the forum guidelines. I can see nothing in your posts that points to anything other than causing an argument. please read the guidelines before you post such rubbish in future.

3. Financial. I believe that the financial package is more attractive to us than the Hummel deal. I think someone mentioned something like £5m a year, though can't remember who.

If you can get this informatioon I will quite happily say that this is a better deal, but I want hard facts, not some people who see teh Nike swoosh and go weak at the knees.

Would the man who matters, the owner do that? If so, why? Is this billionaire a muppet? Do tell.

So you're basing somebodies intelligence on their financial worth. I trust you never questioned the previous owner then, unless of course you're worth a cool 100 million yourself.

He could be right, I would like proof before I blindly follow, that's all.

I could base it on him being a Cambridge graduate but won't go down that route. Everyone can see that we are going in the right direction as was MO'N when he took the job after meeting with Lerner. Now if we are going in the right direction and clearly on our way back to being a force again would you expect us to have smaller offers for being our kit manufacturer? Wouldn't Hummel increase their offer for us?

The size of our sponsorships will be reflected by the investment which the chairman puts into the team and in comparison to previous regimes, that has been substantial and he will back his manager again this summer.

There seems to be a common misconception that just because Nike are supplying our kits, this means Villa shirts will be available wherever Nike kit is sold.

This is not the case. It will always be up to the retailer whether or not he sells our shirts. We're not suddenly going to start appearing in sports shops in Truro and Inverness just because they stock other Nike gear - we'll only be stocked in those places if the owners think there is a market for our shirts.

The only way we're ever going to start shifting kits in places like that is by being successful on the pitch. Yeah, the Nike kit will be better quality and will look nicer, but that alone isn't going to start making people queue up to buy it at the Barcelona club shop.

There seems to be a common misconception that just because Nike are supplying our kits, this means Villa shirts will be available wherever Nike kit is sold.

This is not the case. It will always be up to the retailer whether or not he sells our shirts. We're not suddenly going to start appearing in sports shops in Truro and Inverness just because they stock other Nike gear - we'll only be stocked in those places if the owners think there is a market for our shirts.

The only way we're ever going to start shifting kits in places like that is by being successful on the pitch. Yeah, the Nike kit will be better quality and will look nicer, but that alone isn't going to start making people queue up to buy it at the Barcelona club shop.

Sunderland Nike kit was sold all over when they were sponsored by them and I know that I saw Wolfsberg kit at Barca. At least people who want to buy Villa kit will be able to buy it, it seems pretty basic but as others have said, the current situation isn't ideal.

Funny how you can get all Premiership kits over here, with the exception of Villa!!

Its been like that in Norway since ive started following Villa. 3 years ago, i had to order my shirt from the one shop i knew had it, and it was 600 km from where i live.

So obviously this is nothing new, and nothing to do with Hummel either.

In terms of the quality of this year's shirt I agree that it was excellent, probably the best quality football shirt (and certainly the best quality Villa shirt) I've owned. It gets worn for sport twice a week, and has been washed twice a week for the last eleven months or so, and still seems to be in the condition it was on the day it was bought.

Maybe the Nike kit will do all that and more, I don't know. But in terms of the quality of this seasons shirt, I have no complaints at all.

Looking at the sponsorship/financial/marketing side of the deal, it certainly looks as though Nike will be better. But nobody is really in a position to judge just yet.

Surely he is posting an opinion that is different? And that is perfectly allowed.

From the guidelines.

Agree to Disagree

Obviously discussions can lead to disagreements. However, it gets boring if the argument spans over several pages and repeats over the same points.

I agree with Poodle, this years and last years hummel Villa shirts weren't of bad quality, both of my Villa Hummel shirts after frequent use are still intact and nearly as good as when i first bought them, maybe i just take care of my things. The only thing you can grumble about is the shitty iron on sponsors they where shockingly bad the kit itself wasn't.

I have seen an Arsenal shirt and manchester United shirt close up and guess what the quality is nothing to rave home about, Adidas...............now their quality is far superior without a shadow of a doubt. Your all getting excited by the nike shirts just because they are Nike. Oooooooo it has a more fashionable, trendy logo on the front it must be better.

In my opinion the Hummel shirts are no different to the Nike shirts, oh and another thing you all only dislike hummel because their Hummel, they are not known so instantly you dismiss them as shit, pathetic really.

In my opinion the Hummel shirts are no different to the Nike shirts, oh and another thing you all only dislike hummel because their Hummel, they are not known so instantly you dismiss them as shit, pathetic really.

So a brand name doesn't carry any weight does it? What about kids/teenagers? getting them to buy a Nike shirt will be far easier than getting them to buy a product like Hummel.

I think people are missing the bigger picture here, quality is just one aspect (and FWIW I think generally the quality of Nike shirts is better), but the whole marketing side of it too.

Nike is a more internationally recongnise brand, and will be far easier to sell to key market areas like kids/teenagers.

Eh?????

Ok i'll dumb it down for you so you can understand.

So a brand name doesn't carry any weight does it?

well if you read my post properly

Oooooooo it has a more fashionable, trendy logo on the front it must be better.

i didnt say that a brand name doesnt carry any weight i said just because it was nike then you instantly think its better than hummel, when in reality its really not

Eh?????

Ok i'll dumb it down for you so you can understand.

So a brand name doesn't carry any weight does it?

well if you read my post properly

Oooooooo it has a more fashionable, trendy logo on the front it must be better.

i didnt say that a brand name doesnt carry any weight i said just because it was nike then you instantly think its better than hummel, when in reality its really not

But thats the whole point isn't it?

You think the Hummel quality is ok, I don't. That aside, I don't think most kids aged 6-17 will really care about quality, but more about the brand logo. I am 100% sure we will sell more shirts in this age group, partly down to the fact that it is Nike rather than Hummel.

Â