Hummel

lexicon

Where do you stand on the Hummel deal?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on the Hummel deal?

• Disappointed
    • Pleased

Well, as far as commercial monetary gain, I think you will find that Nike will sell far more shirts, Villa will have greater exposure due to the worldwide popularity of the Nike brand, greater sales, invoke greater revenue, the board have released no figures on the deal itself, but taking on board other premiership deals and the fact the Nike sponsorship budget is probably larger Hummels entire turnover, I would imagine this deal dwarfs the Hummel deal!!

Whilst I agree on running shoes quality, I see you don't mention Hummel in your list of sporting manufacturers, and with Nike being one of the biggest in the business (if not the biggest) they don't do to bad!

We have already benefited from a friendly with Nike sponsored Inter Milan, confident that we wouldn't have had this game without this sponsorship.

I see Nike are arranging our fixture list now.

I was waiting for you to pop up on this thread, Poodle. The value of the details doesn't matter to us as we are a privately owned company and the owner seems very pleased with who is making our kit thank you very much, the most popular sports brand in the World and one of up to 8 partners that we wish to have in the future.

Oh, sorry I thought (from the initial comment about the commercial dept.) that the deal with Nike was of a higher commercial value than Hummel. Don't know what made me come to that conclusion.

Do you think it is of higher commercial value?

I don't pretend to know, so I don't voice my opinion as fact either way.

Ok, how easy is it to get an Aston Villa Hummel kit? Outside Birmingham it is pretty hit and miss from what I have found. The Nike distribution network however is vast and our shirts will be stocked in shops within markets where our shirts have been practically impossible to get.

Well, as far as commercial monetary gain, I think you will find that Nike will sell far more shirts, Villa will have greater exposure due to the worldwide popularity of the Nike brand, greater sales, invoke greater revenue, the board have released no figures on the deal itself, but taking on board other premiership deals and the fact the Nike sponsorship budget is probably larger Hummels entire turnover, I would imagine this deal dwarfs the Hummel deal!!

Whilst I agree on running shoes quality, I see you don't mention Hummel in your list of sporting manufacturers, and with Nike being one of the biggest in the business (if not the biggest) they don't do to bad!

We have already benefited from a friendly with Nike sponsored Inter Milan, confident that we wouldn't have had this game without this sponsorship.

I see Nike are arranging our fixture list now.

No, they are making it possible for us to play teams that wouldn't normally do so.

Have you ever posted anything positive about the current board? Why not just try it once you big wind up merchant.

What are these other premiership deals you are talking about?

I assume you didn't see the figures from the Manchester United deal then?? £302.9m I believe!!

Ok, how easy is it to get an Aston Villa Hummel kit? Outside Birmingham it is pretty hit and miss from what I have found. The Nike distribution network however is vast and our shirts will be stocked in shops within markets where our shirts have been practically impossible to get.

Are you saying that a Nike store in L.A. will stock a Villa shirt?

I was waiting for you to pop up on this thread, Poodle. The value of the details doesn't matter to us as we are a privately owned company and the owner seems very pleased with who is making our kit thank you very much, the most popular sports brand in the World and one of up to 8 partners that we wish to have in the future.

Oh, sorry I thought (from the initial comment about the commercial dept.) that the deal with Nike was of a higher commercial value than Hummel. Don't know what made me come to that conclusion.

Exactly, I want to get a kit, I can't from a shop over here, yet most other premiership kits are available... I wonder wht that is....

And Poodle, who is pretending to know anything?? People have voiced opinions...

Well I call bullshit on that I am afraid. This years kit was of awesome quality and I challenge anybody who says otherwise.

There is a difference between bullshit and an opinion.

I am afraid if you are looking to start an argument you won't get one here. I stated an opinion and you for whatever reason disagree, so lets keep it at that shall we?

I assume you didn't see the figures from the Manchester United deal then?? £302.9m I believe!!

Fantastic, thanks for an answer, perhaps you can give me figures that I care about, like the value of Villa's Nike deal and the reason you feel it is far more commercially viable than Hummel. Facts would be nice.

I think that is a good shout seeing how few teams they choose to sponsor, we could also have a presence in the club shop of Barca which has a section devoted to shirts of other Nike teams and countries. Not sure if they do that in their sponsored club shops, I can't really see it at Old Trafford or Celtic but certainly the likes of Barca with it's great tourist footfall.

Fantastic, thanks for an answer, perhaps you can give me figures that I care about, like the value of Villa's Nike deal and the reason you feel it is far more commercially viable than Hummel. Facts would be nice.

I think I have already provided evidence of this, not solid figures, but commercially valid reasoning behind believing this deal is superior, but you chose to ignore them!!

Nike deal is better for a number of reasons;

1. More fashionable. People who think this doesn't matter in terms of marketing etc are extremely naive. It does.

2. Distribution. It's bloody impossible to get any Villa stuff down here at the moment, and I'm only 90 miles away from Brum. Man City, Bolton, Newcastle etc have their kits in every shop.

3. Financial. I believe that the financial package is more attractive to us than the Hummel deal. I think someone mentioned something like £5m a year, though can't remember who.

4. Quality of shirt. Everone apart from 'Poodle' agrees that manufacturing quality was poor. He may have recieved a perfect kit, many other didn't.

I think I have already provided evidence of this, not solid figures, but commercially valid reasoning behind believing this deal is superior, but you chose to ignore them!!

Guesses do not equate to solid evidence, but perhaps we have different standards, so let's leave it there shall we before this gets out of hand.

Poodle, the way your posts come across, that you believe the Nike deal will not be superior to the Hummel deal, any proof of that??

Where did I say that? In fact I said, if you bother to read, I said that i don't pretend to know, so I don't offer my opinion as fact, either way

I think that is a good shout seeing how few teams they choose to sponsor, we could also have a presence in the club shop of Barca which has a section devoted to shirts of other Nike teams and countries. Not sure if they do that in their sponsored club shops, I can't really see it at Old Trafford or Celtic but certainly the likes of Barca with it's great tourist footfall.

Villa shirt in a Barca store? absolutely no chance I am afraid, it's only Man Ure and other really premier teams that get in there.

Exactly, I want to get a kit, I can't from a shop over here, yet most other premiership kits are available... I wonder wht that is....

And Poodle, who is pretending to know anything?? People have voiced opinions...

:clap:

I remember not evening seeing Villa kit in that outpost known as Newquay or the remote terrain that is known as York! Nothing more annoying than thinking that you have seen a Villa shirt on a hanger and then picking it up to find that it is that of West Ham!

3. Financial. I believe that the financial package is more attractive to us than the Hummel deal. I think someone mentioned something like £5m a year, though can't remember who.

If you can get this informatioon I will quite happily say that this is a better deal, but I want hard facts, not some people who see teh Nike swoosh and go weak at the knees.

No not guesses, FACT, are seriously trying to tell me, that Hummel have even close to the marketing budget of Nike? that Hummel have the Global Branding\Marketing that Nike have? the Hummel shirt quality will be of the same standard of Nike? That Hummel have better global sales figures of Nike?

Nike had an annual turnover of $9 billion with net profits of $571 million. Hummels was around 900million, slight difference me thinks

Villa shirt in a Barca store? absolutely no chance I am afraid, it's only Man Ure and other really premier teams that get in there.

I thank you! You have proved my point, Nike have chosen us to be a Premier team because they BELIEVE in our owners business plan.

Villa ank Nike will be collaborating to have a store in Birmingham city centre in the future to reflect this partnership to fill the gap between Man Utd in the north and Arsenal in the south.

Â