Hummel

lexicon

Where do you stand on the Hummel deal?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on the Hummel deal?

• Disappointed
    • Pleased

this much ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Nah, not sure, do we get a set sum or is it all down to shirt selling. Remember they aren't our sponser, just our kit manufacturer so the sum will be dependent on sellgin figures (oh look Ive answered my own q). We will sell loads

Why the **** can't we attract the likes of Nike and Adidas, we get stuck with Hummel and diadora, Just what do our commercial dept do???

Just found this - what was that Bob Dylan song....

The times they are a changing ........

Certainly are.... good find, just shows the difference in class between the old board and new

Nick,

I am interested in seeing the research that you have based this opinion on. What is the value of the Nike deal? What is the value of the Hummel deal?

Nick,

I am interested in seeing the research that you have based this opinion on. What is the value of the Nike deal? What is the value of the Hummel deal?

Can't speak for nick, but Nike products are usually very good quality, whereas Hummel are pretty poor, and wear after a few months.

Thats why they don't sponsor many clubs, while Nike sponsor a fair few 'big' clubs.

Research?

I don't think Nick is talking about monetry (sp?) value, more the reputation of Nike compared to Hummel i.e. a shit load better.

Fulham fans must be just as happy as us then.

Research?

I don't think Nick is talking about monetry (sp?) value, more the reputation of Nike compared to Hummel i.e. a shit load better.

Fulham fans must be just as happy as us then.

And Barca, Arsenal, Man Utd etc.

(not to mention walsall)

Nick,

Can't speak for nick, but Nike products are usually very good quality, whereas Hummel are pretty poor, and wear after a few months.

Thats why they don't sponsor many clubs, while Nike sponsor a fair few 'big' clubs.

As a runner, I can assure you that Nike is far from the best quality in terms of runnings shoes and clothes, well behind Ascics, Addidas, Reebok amongst others...so I think the quality thing is a myth based on people being force marketed to. In addition this years kit was the best quality kit I have ever owned, by a long long way.

Wasn't Nick responding to a comment about the commercial department, surely the commercial department is interested 'mainly' in the monetary part of the club? Hance my initial question.

As a runner, I can assure you that Nike is far from the best quality in terms of runnings shoes and clothes, well behind Ascics, Addidas, Reebok amongst others...so I think the quality thing is a myth based on people being force marketed to. In addition this years kit was the best quality kit I have ever owned, by a long long way.

Wasn't Nick responding to a comment about the commercial department, surely the commercial department is interest 'mainly' in the monetary part of the club? Hance my initial question.

But most people won't buy the kit for sports use, but to either wear to matches and as a casual top. So the durability as far as that is concerned is not really an issue.

As for the quality thing, a lot of people have had similar problems, in fact Hearts used to use Hummel and they made a lot of complaints about the quality aswell, so its not just a myth.

Why the **** can't we attract the likes of Nike and Adidas, we get stuck with Hummel and diadora, Just what do our commercial dept do???

Just found this - what was that Bob Dylan song....

The times they are a changing ........

Certainly are.... good find, just shows the difference in class between the old board and new

Nick,

I was waiting for you to pop up on this thread, Poodle. The value of the details doesn't matter to us as we are a privately owned company and the owner seems very pleased with who is making our kit thank you very much, the most popular sports brand in the World and one of up to 8 partners that we wish to have in the future.

I don't understand your point.

Nor I yours.

I am very happy we have Nike instead of Hummel. Nike is more internationally recognised than Hummel and in my personal opinion, and of a lot of people I know, there were a lot of complaints about the quality of the Hummel kit.

I was waiting for you to pop up on this thread, Poodle. The value of the details doesn't matter to us as we are a privately owned company and the owner seems very pleased with who is making our kit thank you very much, the most popular sports brand in the World and one of up to 8 partners that we wish to have in the future.

Oh, sorry I thought (from the initial comment about the commercial dept.) that the deal with Nike was of a higher commercial value than Hummel. Don't know what made me come to that conclusion.

I thought the Hummel kits were crap in quality, certainly when compared with Diadora and Reebok kit which I own and still wear after many years, the best kit I have is a Brazil away from 1998 which is stilll in excellent condition after wearing for years. I bought my nephews the Hummel kit last season and the tacky claret arrows down the side were stuck together in one place which caused a crease and I didn't want to pull them apart.

Well, as far as commercial monetary gain, I think you will find that Nike will sell far more shirts, Villa will have greater exposure due to the worldwide popularity of the Nike brand, greater sales, invoke greater revenue, the board have released no figures on the deal itself, but taking on board other premiership deals and the fact the Nike sponsorship budget is probably larger Hummels entire turnover, I would imagine this deal dwarfs the Hummel deal!!

Whilst I agree on running shoes quality, I see you don't mention Hummel in your list of sporting manufacturers, and with Nike being one of the biggest in the business (if not the biggest) they don't do to bad!

I don't understand your point.

Nor I yours.

I am very happy we have Nike instead of Hummel. Nike is more internationally recognised than Hummel and in my personal opinion, and of a lot of people I know, there were a lot of complaints about the quality of the Hummel kit.

Well I call bullshit on that I am afraid. This years kit was of awesome quality and I challenge anybody who says otherwise.

Oh, sorry I thought (from the initial comment about the commercial dept.) that the deal with Nike was of a higher commercial value than Hummel. Don't know what made me come to that conclusion.

Do you think it is of higher commercial value?

Well, as far as commercial monetary gain, I think you will find that Nike will sell far more shirts, Villa will have greater exposure due to the worldwide popularity of the Nike brand, greater sales, invoke greater revenue, the board have released no figures on the deal itself, but taking on board other premiership deals and the fact the Nike sponsorship budget is probably larger Hummels entire turnover, I would imagine this deal dwarfs the Hummel deal!!

Whilst I agree on running shoes quality, I see you don't mention Hummel in your list of sporting manufacturers, and with Nike being one of the biggest in the business (if not the biggest) they don't do to bad!

What are these other premiership deals you are talking about?

Do you think it is of higher commercial value?

I don't pretend to know, so I don't voice my opinion as fact either way.

We have already benefited from a friendly with Nike sponsored Inter Milan, confident that we wouldn't have had this game without this sponsorship.

Â