Weekends football 11/12 Feb

andykeenan

Why would arry want the England job full time

I hope he turns the FA down

It would be hard to walk away from what he's built there

That's the thing though, the Spurs job is finished - the only direction for them from where they are now is downwards - the glory bit is done (and he's done it well.)

Disagree, with the extra CL revenue and the ability now to keep the likes of Bale and Modric there's no reason why with Harry spurs cannot go on to dominate the PL for a few years

While the CL revenue is indeed significant, the real difference lies in stadium size (thus increasing ticket sales) and global appeal (thus revenue from the whole world, which is a huge boon for Utd and Liverplop in particular). On both counts Spurs fall short. CL revenue alone won't be enough to sustain the massive wages keeping stars at the club will entail.

Why would arry want the England job full time

I hope he turns the FA down

It would be hard to walk away from what he's built there

That's the thing though, the Spurs job is finished - the only direction for them from where they are now is downwards - the glory bit is done (and he's done it well.)

I agree where Redknapp is concerned. He isn't good enough to take them to the next level, but he has done a remarkable job getting them to the level they are at and despite my dislike for him as a human being, my respect for him as a manager and a motivator is very high indeed.

Spurs though could progress even further under someone like Mourinho. I think it's a job he would take as well. I'm absolutely certain that no matter what this is his last season at Real.

Disagree, with the extra CL revenue and the ability now to keep the likes of Bale and Modric there's no reason why with Harry spurs cannot go on to dominate the PL for a few years

While the CL revenue is indeed significant, the real difference lies in stadium size (thus increasing ticket sales) and global appeal (thus revenue from the whole world, which is a huge boon for Utd and Liverplop in particular). On both counts Spurs fall short. CL revenue alone won't be enough to sustain the massive wages keeping stars at the club will entail.

Spurs are on the verge of being huge. They will build a new stadium eventually, it's taken as red down here and give them a man like Mourinho and they will back him I've no doubt.

They will win the title within 5 years.

cant see it personally, how many squads like spurs has fergie seen off before? add to that city and their money

will be interesting in the summer with FFP if city continue their campaign over the last few years of weakening their opposition whilst strengthening themselves, they've done us, everton and arsenal, expect them to unsettle bale and modric in the summer and no way will adebayor be going back there

realistically IMO for spurs to win the league they need 2 CBs and at least 1 striker in the summer and keep everyone else

barca 3-1 down at osasuna

yeah they did, probably said give us one more year and we'll be better than them and they havent lied!

but if city win the league and then come in offering double wages and giving it the big un about winning the CL will levy/redknapp be able to do it again?

im not sure what the prem needs more, spurs challenging city and utd for the league or arsenal/chelsea not getting top 4 and arry leaving potentially creating a proper mix up from 3rd down to 7th

Spurs have effectively done what we should have done with Lerners resources.

Imagine what Harry would have done down the villa with all that money and young talent coming out of Bodymoor

Just shows how important the managerial appointment is.

As much as I used to dislike Harry when he was in charge at Portsmouth, I have found a respect for him and his record against MON's is really good.

Makes you wonder, but having said that, if he was villa manager he probably would have been found guilty! :lol:

Still dislikes the way he talks about players which aren't his own though.

Â