Weekends football 11/12 Feb

andykeenan

Spurs have effectively done what we should have done with Lerners resources.

Imagine what Harry would have done down the villa with all that money and young talent coming out of Bodymoor

Just shows how important the managerial appointment is.

Weren't a large portion of their squad purchased by other managers?

Also - Harry has a history of leaving clubs in the shit when given an opportunity. I think he would have had that opportunity at Villa under Randy to be honest.

im not sure what the prem needs more, spurs challenging city and utd for the league or arsenal/chelsea not getting top 4 and arry leaving potentially creating a proper mix up from 3rd down to 7th

I think the best thing that would happen to PL is if Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool fail to get into top 4 this season. I know it is not very likely that Newcastle sneak into the top 4, but it would be a dream for the competitiveness of the PL.

At least, I hope Chelsea and Liverpool fail (Liverpool looks certain to fail). I'm not sure if Abramovich will keep pouring cash in after his latest bid failed, and knowing that he will never be able to inject the same amount of cash as City.

Disagree, with the extra CL revenue and the ability now to keep the likes of Bale and Modric there's no reason why with Harry spurs cannot go on to dominate the PL for a few years

While the CL revenue is indeed significant, the real difference lies in stadium size (thus increasing ticket sales) and global appeal (thus revenue from the whole world, which is a huge boon for Utd and Liverplop in particular). On both counts Spurs fall short. CL revenue alone won't be enough to sustain the massive wages keeping stars at the club will entail.

Spurs are on the verge of being huge. They will build a new stadium eventually, it's taken as red down here and give them a man like Mourinho and they will back him I've no doubt.

They will win the title within 5 years.

They just don't have the money. Their wage structure is too tight to really push on, hence their struggle to buy a striker.

A stadium will be another massive drain on spending whilst they are trying to build it then pay it off.

I think they are riding high now but won't be able to sustain it. Their star players will take the bigger wages offered elsewhere and they will have to rebuild again.

Don't really follow Barca, does anyone know why Xavi and Iniesta were unused subs in today's defeat, I notice they're quite often on the bench, has Guardiola lost his marbles?

Just poor management. Not sure how you can have Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc on the bench then make 2 changes at HT and none of them are coming on. Even if you have a big schedule of games, at worst 1 of them doesn't play, surely. Is it really necessary to rest of all 3 and only bring 1 on for less than half the game? Oh well. :D

Don't really follow Barca, does anyone know why Xavi and Iniesta were unused subs in today's defeat, I notice they're quite often on the bench, has Guardiola lost his marbles?

Just poor management. Not sure how you can have Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc on the bench then make 2 changes at HT and none of them are coming on. Even if you have a big schedule of games, at worst 1 of them doesn't play, surely. Is it really necessary to rest of all 3 and only bring 1 on for less than half the game? Oh well. :D

Iniesta is just coming back from injury and Xavi is unable to play game after game nowadays.

Don't know why Fabregas didn't play though. Looked good when he came on.

Still though I was thinking that even if you didn't play all of them against Leverkusen you would still maybe at worst get beat by one goal. Enough to turn it around at the Camp Nou anyway, whereas at the moment they need every single point from La Liga they can get.

The youngsters were the best players on the pitch last night. Tello looks like a quality player. Saw him vs Villareal, Bilbao and last night. Got pace, tricks, can shoot, dribble.

Disagree, with the extra CL revenue and the ability now to keep the likes of Bale and Modric there's no reason why with Harry spurs cannot go on to dominate the PL for a few years

While the CL revenue is indeed significant, the real difference lies in stadium size (thus increasing ticket sales) and global appeal (thus revenue from the whole world, which is a huge boon for Utd and Liverplop in particular). On both counts Spurs fall short. CL revenue alone won't be enough to sustain the massive wages keeping stars at the club will entail.

Spurs are on the verge of being huge. They will build a new stadium eventually, it's taken as red down here and give them a man like Mourinho and they will back him I've no doubt.

They will win the title within 5 years.

I know, I know :D but CI didn't mention the new stadium.

There are always a lot of "ifs" when it comes to building new stadiums though - Arsenal's Emirates Stadium was delayed for a few years, Liverpool had - and still have, I think - plans for a new stadium but **** all has been done. If the new stadium doesn't get built within the next few years Spurs' revenue will be nowhere near Utd's or Liverpool's especially considering how their appeal outside of the UK pales in comparison to the Sky 4.

Wolves are a replica of us;

defensive errors.

cannot pass the ball for more than a few passes.

long ball.

play deep.

cannot control play.

too slow when building up.

pass sideways more often than not.

easily closed down.

lethargic.

Wolves are a replica of us;

defensive errors.

cannot pass the ball for more than a few passes.

long ball.

play deep.

cannot control play.

too slow when building up.

pass sideways more often than not.

easily closed down.

lethargic.

Carbon-copy. 3-1 down to a poor,poor goal

Â