London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Says a lot about Olympic athletes compared to footballers, that these guys aren't all completely rat-arsed right now.

yeah cos london's clubs and hotspots havent been filled with athletes absolutely off their tits every night for the last 2 weeks...

Says a lot about Olympic athletes compared to footballers, that these guys aren't all completely rat-arsed right now.

No, they all got rat-arsed after they had finished their events...

Yeah but if football tournaments had a closing ceremony like this, they'd all still be shitfaced, and surf in on a see of their own vomit.

...and who could blame them. If I had represented my country in a foreign city hosting the Olympic Games and I was proud of what I had achieved, I would be celebrating like there's no tomorrow. They've done themselves and their country proud - I think it's fair that they let their hair down.

Yeah but if football tournaments had a closing ceremony like this, they'd all still be shitfaced, and surf in on a see of their own vomit.

So you are presuming that footballers would be pissed and also presuming that none of these guys are pissed.

Nah, they have no way of knowing how long it will take for the athletes to come in so this bit has to be flexible. They should have had a few more tunes queued up than this though.

Oh, and the football bashing is getting on my tits now. Yeah, the Olympics have been **** brilliant but those who are using that as an excuse to bash footballers reminds me of the week when everybody was a massive Rugby Union fan immediately after England won the world cup.

...and who could blame them. If I had represented my country in a foreign city hosting the Olympic Games and I was proud of what I had achieved, I would be celebrating like there's no tomorrow. They've done themselves and their country proud - I think it's fair that they let their hair down.

I didn't say they shouldn't get drunk. Just bored with this shite of comparing Olympics athletes to footballers...

I didn't say they shouldn't get drunk. Just bored with this shite of comparing Olympics athletes to footballers...

Aye, fair enough.

Oh, and the football bashing is getting on my tits now. Yeah, the Olympics have been **** brilliant but those who are using that as an excuse to bash footballers reminds me of the week when everybody was a massive Rugby Union fan immediately after England won the world cup.

Indeed . It's extremely tedious, especially on a football forum .

The Olympics has been sensational but let's not forget what will be our bread and butter every week until May.

why arent they using the pixels?

Yeah, noticed that too. Maybe they noticed a few problems with them or maybe they thought that they were best for the showcase event (opening ceremony). I dunno, but they were certainly cool.

Nah, they have no way of knowing how long it will take for the athletes to come in so this bit has to be flexible. They should have had a few more tunes queued up than this though.

Well my sense of anti climax is due to the fact that probably for the first time in my life, I've experienced incredible success from the 'team' I support. Cheering on Mo Farah last night is unlike anything I've really experienced. It was brilliant.

And then in the coming weeks I turn my attention to Villa (because I can't help it), and you know how that feels...

NBC commentator “That is not actually Batman but a British folk hero known as Del Boy. Sort of like Robin Hood" ha ha ha

They should then show the news footage of him parting the Peckham riots.

Â