London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

One bad thing about Britain winning so many medals - the British medal count for Rio 2016 will no doubt be seen as disappointing.

Does that not depend on the medal haul? We smashed our modern era record in 2008 and with the help of the "legacy" and improved funding in place why could we not perform similarly in Rio? I doubt that will be seen as a disappointment. At least not to those with common sense.

British sport woke up following Atlanta and it doesnt look to be falling back to sleep any time soon.

One bad thing about Britain winning so many medals - the British medal count for Rio 2016 will no doubt be seen as disappointing.

Does that not depend on the medal haul? We smashed our modern era record in 2008 and with the help of the "legacy" and improved funding in place why could we not perform similarly in Rio? I doubt that will be seen as a disappointment. At least not to those with common sense.

I'm not saying it will be a terrible tally, but nations usually peak when they host, look back a few pages for a discussion on this. With that in mind, it will be an uphill battle for you to repeat your 29-gold haul next time round.

I guess it's about how high expectations are, but with such a tremendous showing in 2012 I think expectations will be sky-high for Rio.

I guess it's about how high expectations are, but with such a tremendous showing in 2012 I think expectations will be sky-high for Rio.

I think people in this country understand how much of an advantage we've had in London. If we get anywhere near 29 in Rio, it will be a success.

The football season starting feels like a massive anti climax now, doesn't it?

No .

As brilliant as the Olympics has been , football is brilliant every week and not every 4 years.

Olympics = Saving Private Ryan.

Football = Band of Brothers.

The Paralympics is pretty much akin to when you have to peel the Johnny off after banging (to keep the theme going) Ennis and Pendleton at the same time.

Â