London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

London is beautiful :angel:
It's like every capital city - it has plenty of scuzzy areas, but its best bits are fantastic and it's worth a visit. I wouldn't want to live there though.

I think some people forget that even a bronze medal at Olympics level is an amazing achievement

Of course it is. If you're an athlete though then nothing compares to gold. You take the glory and you are the best if you win gold. Silver and bronze are for runners up. The fact remains that nobody remembers second and third...

Anyway, sad that it's the last day of the Olympics. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that football gets going again next weekend. :D

I think some people forget that even a bronze medal at Olympics level is an amazing achievement

Of course it is. If you're an athlete though then nothing compares to gold. You take the glory and you are the best if you win gold. Silver and bronze are for runners up. The fact remains that nobody remembers second and third...

Anyway, sad that it's the last day of the Olympics. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that football gets going again next weekend. :D

I just can't seem to get excited about the forthcoming football season :-(

Not so great interview after though :lol:
Bad interviewing. When somebody doesn't understand the question the obvious thing would be to rephrase it using simpler English, instead of just repeating it exactly the same.

Why do marathon runners always run more slowly than usual during the Olympics?
No pacemakers, and they over-think the tactics. Also, it was pretty hot today.

Come to think of it, it's got to be about the weather - the Olympics are always held during the summer, and the marathon always takes place during the day.

And just when you thought it was over - mountain biking! This is great.

Not to mention the finals for the men's basketball and handball tournaments :)

....and the bitching between Lewis and Bolt goes on.

Anyway I think that this Olympics has been amazing. I heard people say the best ever with regards to the organisation and the performances. Its between Beijing and London. But my Olympic memory only goes back to the 90s.

Â