London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Apparently Bolt ran his 100m relay split in 8.8 seconds. It looked like Blake ran faster to me in the split before Bolt, yet surely not if Bolt was that fast. That's a pretty amazing time...

I am hearing more and more talk of Bolt leaving athletics very soon. Where has this talk come from? He is only 26 in a few days so he is still young. I believe he can take the 200 and 100 records lower, plus he is not currently world champion in 100m at the moment. He has achieved everything, but how about winning everthing over agin, a bit like Carl Lewis did back in the day.

This was discussed at length a few pages back. I guess he has been telling people he isnt enjoying training any more, and if that is the case then what else does Bolt have to prove to anybody? He has a 100% gold medal win rate in the Olympics and holds the world record in every event he competes in. Where is there to go from there other than down?

Lymington gold post box painter arrested

Police have arrested a man for spray painting a Royal Mail post box gold in honour of Olympic sailor Ben Ainslie.

Rob Smith, 51, painted the post box in Lymington High Street where the gold medallist lives.

He said: "When they said they weren't going to paint anything in Lymington, I just thought this is madness."

The father-of-three was arrested at the scene on suspicion of criminal damage, held in a police cell in Lyndhurst overnight and later released on bail.

Mr Smith, who runs a bar and restaurant in the town, said locals were outraged when they heard a post box would be painted in the sailor's honour in Cornwall, where Ainslie grew up.

He said: "He's lived here for around 15 years, all of Lymington believes that the Post Office made the wrong choice in painting one down in Cornwall, give him two."

'Passionate sportsman'

He decided to commemorate the sailor by spraying the post box gold with two cans of car paint on his way home from work at about 01:30 BST.

Mr Smith said: "I did it because I'm a passionate sportsman, I think the Olympics have been brilliant, Ben's achievements have been outstanding.

"We've got to recognise these people and say thank you."

Royal Mail spokesman Heulyn Gwyn Davies said: "We are extremely disappointed that someone has chosen to vandalise this particular post box.

"It is illegal to tamper with any of our post boxes and we are liaising with our engineers to ensure that it is repainted red as soon as possible."

The local newspaper is virtually encouraging folks to do the same where I live. Nick Skelton was born in Bedworth and Bedworth council and everybody in the local media has had a massive hissy fit that the post box is being painted gold in Alcester (where he has lived for the past thirty years) rather than the town he was born in. Seems kinda pathetic to me.

What a fantastic day yesterday was for the Olympics. I ended up being glued to the TV most of the day so nothing constructive got done! Delighted for Mo... what a race! Plus I don't understand the hate for Tom Daley. Really delighted for him especially as he has been through a very tough year. The difference in emotions in the picture above is that the Chinese diver was probably favourite for gold, while I'm sure Daley was an outsider for a medal. Its nice to see such emotion. :)

Another thing, I'm surprised given the size of the country that India are practically non existent in the Olympics. I'd have thought given the vast size of the country and the rise of them as a force economically, like China, that we would see a lot more medals from them.

Apparently Bolt ran his 100m relay split in 8.8 seconds. It looked like Blake ran faster to me in the split before Bolt, yet surely not if Bolt was that fast. That's a pretty amazing time...

It's a very good time but Powell recorded a split of 8.70s in Beijing and Bob Hayes ran a (unofficial) split of 8.74s in Tokyo (on a cinder track!)

Still a magnificent performance by the Jamaican relay team!

I wasn't aware anyone hated Tom Daley about for some fucktard on Twitter.

Look at him. **** off, the limelight isn't yours you prat. You failed. Do one.

word removed.

There are a few about, not really sure what the issue is though.

The local newspaper is virtually encouraging folks to do the same where I live. Nick Skelton was born in Bedworth and Bedworth council and everybody in the local media has had a massive hissy fit that the post box is being painted gold in Alcester (where he has lived for the past thirty years) rather than the town he was born in. Seems kinda pathetic to me.
There's a mailbox war going on between two Leeds suburbs over the Brownlees. The official gold box is in Horsforth (just down the road from me), where they grew up and their parents still live.

But the brothers currently live in Bramhope, and some local went out and painted a box gold there. Within hours the Post Office went round and painted it red again.

There's a mailbox war going on between two Leeds suburbs over the Brownlees. The official gold box is in Horsforth (just down the road from me), where they grew up and their parents still live.

But the brothers currently live in Bramhope, and some local went out and painted a box gold there. Within hours the Post Office went round and painted it red again.

I find the whole Olympic mailbox idea quite amusing :)

Anyway, marathon's started!!!

Â