London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Tickets available for tomorrow night

A mere £1,500 each, anyone tempted ?

I've been trying to get tickets for loads of events since last year and the closing ceremony was one of them. I drew the line at £50 though and wouldn't bid on higher value tickets.

Didn't get a single ticket for anything I went for. The whole ticketing system is a complete joke and the fact that people who were after them last year don't get any advantage on getting tickets now is laughable...

It is a shame that each country only gets 3 people in the 100m individual. Because I think that Nesta Carter and Michael Frater would of made the final. Probably not of medalled, but would of made the final. They just have a conveyor belt of top sprinters, and from what I hear they have young ones coming through too.

Not sure if they'd have made the Final. Are they both sub-10s runners? Never really seen either before personally, they just didn't seem lightning quick in this.

£50 for Olympic tickets. Do you bid £2 for a laptop on ebay?

The default price for the cheap seats was £20.12, and there were tens of thousands of sub £50 tickets available.

The Irish fans were surprisingly quiet too. Dunno whether the claims they had 80% of the crowd the other day are true or not now, they certainly didnt tonight.

I was there and it was around that figure. A block of tickets were released on Wednesday morning and they were all snapped up by the Irish. Don't know why a massive chunk of tickets were never sold in the first place though...

Great fight by Campbell, the better man won. Nevin did tremendously well reaching the final and should be proud of his performance.

The Irish fans were surprisingly quiet too. Dunno whether the claims they had 80% of the crowd the other day are true or not now, they certainly didnt tonight.

Watching it now. Massive majority support from Campbell by the sounds of it.

Bolt was clearly after that WR - no showboating, he was head down for that line. Superb.

Bolt has been great for the sport of sprinting in general, not just because of his legendary status, but also because of how his excellence has forced the rest of the pack to raise their standards as well. Gatlin's 9.79 would have won any of the pre-2008 finals easily - before 2008, 100m finals were being won in times of above 9.8s. Gatlin himself regularly runs sub-9.85 these days, IINM. The US men's relay team broke their national record like what, 3 times in a row this year? Incredible. All arguably because of being pushed by Bolt - no other way to explain the extraordinary rise in sprinting quality over the last few years.

Bolt was clearly after that WR - no showboating, he was head down for that line. Superb.

Bolt has been great for the sport of sprinting in general, not just because of his legendary status, but also because of how his excellence has forced the rest of the pack to raise their standards as well. Gatlin's 9.79 would have won any of the pre-2008 finals easily - before 2008, 100m finals were being won in times of above 9.8s. Gatlin himself regularly runs sub-9.85 these days, IINM. The US men's relay team broke their national record like what, 3 times in a row this year? Incredible. All arguably because of being pushed by Bolt - no other way to explain the extraordinary rise in sprinting quality over the last few years.

Probably true. Good analysis.

£50 for Olympic tickets. Do you bid £2 for a laptop on ebay?

The default price for the cheap seats was £20.12, and there were tens of thousands of sub £50 tickets available.

Indeed. I went higher on some, such as over £100 for the basketball final and some of the athletics.

I refused to pay any more for a closing ceremony as there would be no sports though. I was just hoping I would get lucky with a £50 on that one (actually just checked and it was the £20 ones I went for). Still shocked that I somehow didn't get any for the others though.

Oh well, it's been a great Olympic games apart from the ticketing. I loved it from beginning to end and will be sad to see it all over.

It is a shame that each country only gets 3 people in the 100m individual. Because I think that Nesta Carter and Michael Frater would of made the final. Probably not of medalled, but would of made the final. They just have a conveyor belt of top sprinters, and from what I hear they have young ones coming through too.

Not sure if they'd have made the Final. Are they both sub-10s runners? Never really seen either before personally, they just didn't seem lightning quick in this.

Nesta Carter has done sub 10 seconds this year. Has a pb of 9.78 from not that long ago. So I think he would of made the final. Maybe not Frater though.

Â