Pre Match Handshakes

Eames

The FA cancelled the handshake between Terry and A. Ferdinand last week due to the undue focus on the situation.... and yet the same FA has stated that Suarez and Evra will be expected to shake hands on Saturday regardless of the focus on the situation.

One rule for the now ex-England Captain and one for Suarez and Evra?

I hope they refuse to shake. They should never be forced to shake anyone's hand if they feel they have good reason not to. So it's good that the pre-match team handshake is going ahead because it gives the 2 players the opportunity to object.

I too feel Evra should refuse.... Suarez has no right to, but I would struggle to shake hands with the bloke that racially abused me a few weeks before.

I have a feeling its all going to go off this weekend. If Evra tackles him and its even slightly firm, there is going to be a bigger ruck than at Twickers.....

I guess in the FA's minds the Terry/Ferdinand thing is yet to be decided but the Suarez/Evra thing is done. Not saying I agree but this is how they will be thinking.

Besides I think Terry and Ferdinand were expected to shake hands as well but it became clear the entire QPR team weren't prepared to do it so the FA had no choice. If Man Utd took the same approach perhaps the FA would as well.

As it is I think Evra should do whatever he wants, its his call alone. I agree though it is going to kick off on the pitch when the two teams meet and I'm sure there will be lots of examples of the ref letting people get away with stuff other teams wouldn't because of the 'occasion'.

I guess in the FA's minds the Terry/Ferdinand thing is yet to be decided but the Suarez/Evra thing is done. Not saying I agree but this is how they will be thinking.
That's my thinking.

As it is I think Evra should do whatever he wants, its his call alone.
Maybe, maybe not. If Suarez still thinks he didn't do anything wrong - and I think he probably does think that - then he'll feel just as entitled to refuse shaking the hand of someone who he might feel made a mountain from a molehill. He may be right or wrong in that, but it may very well be what he feels - if Dalglish's subsequent comments are the general feeling around Anfield.

Maybe, maybe not. If Suarez still thinks he didn't do anything wrong - and I think he probably does think that - then he'll feel just as entitled to refuse shaking the hand of someone who he might feel made a mountain from a molehill. He may be right or wrong in that, but it may very well be what he feels - if Dalglish's subsequent comments are the general feeling around Anfield.

That as may be but Suarez would be extremely foolish to refuse Evra's hand if offered given the history don't you think? In fact if I were Evra I think I would offer my hand because I'd be hoping he refused to take it, Evra can't really lose because to an extend he has already won.

If he offers his hand and Suarez takes it then Evra looks the bigger man if he offers it and he refuses it then the public perception of Suarez will drop yet further. No matter what Dalgish says and no matter what the blinkered mafia that is their fanbase think the general perception of Suarez is that he is guilty.

If he refuses Evra's hand they won't see that as being him aggreived they will see it as confirmation that he is what many to believe him to be. Right or wrong.

Either way I think if he plays Suarez is likely to come in for a bit of a kicking from some of United's players, I'd imagine Ferdinand especially would like to take a lump out of him for a number of reasons.

My point is only that Suarez probably feels it's as much his call as to whether any handshake will take place or not. I await the outcome with damp pants.

Rooney comments about Suarez deserving a red card might flame this even more for saturday especially with Kenny attacked him.

WOuld love to see one journalist grow balls and grill KEnny on his stance. im sure a couple of tough questions and he wil crack properly

A couple of tough questions and you get refused to every future game at Anfield having committed a form of professional suicide. You lick the arse that feeds you, simple (and sad) as that.

Â