Movie roles that no-one else could play & vise versa.

wiggyrichard

I remember reading that Antonio Banderas was in line to be Maximus in Gladiatior. That could have worked.....

Peter Weller - Robocop - Some actors have tried to do Robocop, and they've all failed!

On the negative side George Lazenby should've never been given the role as James Bond. And having said that, Daniel Craig is the only one who really does the agent real justice, but at least the others works for for me.

"THIS IS CETA ALPHA FIVE!"

Good call.

OT I know but I've never really been a big fan of Star Trek (the reboot movie was enjoyable) but I absolutely **** love The Wrath of Khan. I've managed to sit through iirc 1-6 of the Shatner movies and Khan is such a huge spike in quality it's like it's from a different series of films. None of the others even come close to it and as Hogso says, Montalban is superb.

Anyway, back on topic...

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones

posted a few pages earlier but Tom Selleck was first choice for that role .... I really really can't picture him in that role ... I wonder if they film would have still been the success had Ford not got it ?

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones

posted a few pages earlier but Tom Selleck was first choice for that role .... I really really can't picture him in that role ... I wonder if they film would have still been the success had Ford not got it ?

Did Selleck turn the role down? I can't understand why an actor would miss the chance to work with a director who just made Jaws and Close Encounters.

Cant stand Christian Bale as Batman, surely they could find someone better than him to play Batman!?

That's funny, I can't imagine anyone else doing the Batman role these days.

Also, Ledger for the movie version of Joker and Mark Hamill for the cartoon version.

Rene Zellweger(sp?) In Bridget Jones.

(Yes I'm a massive gheyer.)

Putting aside your massive gheyness for a moment; for realsies?! I can't think of an actress any more replaceable than Zellweger, she's... I'm not even sure there's a word to describe how awful she is. Terribad? Atrocinormous? Gigantuturd?

Putting aside your massive gheyness for a moment; for realsies?! I can't think of an actress any more replaceable than Zellweger, she's... I'm not even sure there's a word to describe how awful she is. Terribad? Atrocinormous? Gigantuturd?

"sofiacoppollaesque"

If I can just squeeze past my massive gheyness for another second.......

Who would you have had instead? She is fitter as a the "fat" Ms Jones than skinny in Me, Myself & Irene for example. Managed the accent well...... really can't see an alternative.

Is it shit acting or a shit film? There is a difference.

Â