Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I had a quick flick through the match thread from last year. Bent came in towards the end of the first page and before AND after then people were saying we would be lucky to nick a point. This year people are saying we will get battered. Not sure what the difference is in mindset because in the weeks running up to the fixture last season we had:

lost at home to Spurs

drawn away at Chelsea

lost at home to Sunderland

won away at Sheff Utd

drawn away at SHA

and this year we have

won away at Chelsea

lost at home to Swansea

won away at Bristol Rovers

drawn at home to Everton

won away at Wolves

lost away at Arsenal

drawn at home to QPR

lost away at Newcastle

If you take out the Arsenal Fa cup game, we have won two away FA cup matches against lower league opposition. Two good results at Chelsea. Two appauling home games against S'land and Swansea. The draw at SHA wasn't a great performance and despite not winning much recently we have been playing much better in the run up to this fixture. I can only imagine people think we will get mullered because of a leaky defence?

I'm just rambling really, this post didn't really prove what I wanted it to :lol:

Hope Warnocks not playing this game! Not because he's rubbish, thats acceptable apparantly, but because he has been absolutely catastrophic the last 2 times he has come up against Man City. Houllier played Clark lb in the win last season.

Best way to win this is to go 4-3-3 and put Gabby, Bent and Albrighton up front. Tell them to run their balls off and press high up the field. Give them no time to pick a ball out from the back. In the middle I'd go Petrov, Clark and Keane. Then we really need to get Collins back in for Cuellar. Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock is a fairly settled back 4 and while The Jackal hasn't done a lot wrong, he's not great alongside Dunne, where they were leaving massive gaps on Sunday.

Hope Warnocks not playing this game! Not because he's rubbish, thats acceptable apparantly, but because he has been absolutely catastrophic the last 2 times he has come up against Man City. Houllier played Clark lb in the win last season.
Make that three times. When we played Man City away in the 09/10 season he gave away a stupid penalty after we'd gone 1-0 up if I remember rightly.

Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock is a fairly settled back 4
What do you mean by settled exactly?

We will lose anyway so ...

give Heskey a go CB or anywhere really, at least then myself and friends can laugh during the game any time he touches the ball and does something really bad or something that is half decent. Our games are always more comical to watch with him in the side. Sort of like when you play FIFA against a mate and stick him in the side and try to dribble past everyone. Basically, I want to see that.