• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Keane
    • Bannan (for Ireland 46)
    • Heskey (for N'Zogbia 66)
    • Gardner (for Clark 84)

Missed the first half, infact just walked into the pub to see Keane wheel away (well worked goal that).

Watched most of the second half and thought we were quite poor so pretty surprised to read we had all these shots on target!

Couldn't understand taking N'zogbia off and putting Heskey on, we lost all hope of getting any good counter attacks going at that point.

I just assume Ireland was injured, he got taken off for swearing???!

What can I say, well disappointed, crap managerial decisions, he really doesn't have a clue, he has got a go, and warnock is a liability and same for Hutton. I really can't see us staying up with mcliesh at the helm. He has taken this club backwards even G.H. did a better job given he lost young and downing but Ireland is a better player than downing. I really think we will be lucky to stay up, going to be another three points lost v man city, we are in trouble.

Just coming back on train

Really happy with our performance today against a top 5 side.

We had a real good go and really gave them a game

I think we deserved a point out of the game

Warnock again an absolute liability, strange subs but both Bannan and Heskey played well when they came on.

More importantly, what a night out in Newcastle last night, fit bird central

We're not going down, we're not going anywhere - so let's see if we can try to put a plan in place for the future - I'd like to see us take more chances in our starting line ups, experiment a bit - even take a hammering somewhere along the line in trying to win a game.

I'll accept that if we actually do experiment, Play Clark in CH, drop warnock, hutton, collins, dunne, etc play the youth and risk some bumps along the way. If we ever do change the starting line up, its often only due to injury.

I'd agree with that. I'm not sure persisting with the same players who are costing us games is building anything other than bad feeling. How is bringing Heskey (proven to add nothing to the team) on instead of a youngster anything like a step forward? You're telling me Andy Weimann would score less goals or add less to the team than a 35 year old who seems to be some sort of anti-magnet for the ball, has the balance of a drunk and the goals to games ratio of a fullback.

The team I'd like to see would be:

----------------Guzan

Herd----Cuellar-------Clark----Lichaj

Albrighton---Ireland---Gardner---Bannan

----------Bent---------Agbonlahor

Given is a good shot stopper, but Guzan commands his area better, and deserved to keep his place in the side. I don't give a **** who we have as fullbacks, but Herd and Lichaj have looked decent whenever they've played. K-Mac trusted them anyway. Albrighton and Bannan should play wide with Ireland and Gardner in the middle. Petrov doesn't have the legs to carry through a game anymore, his time is up. Bent is a goal machine, but it's no good playing him without giving him someone to do the running.

Newcastle are a good side but i thinking people jizzing all over there greatness isn't warranted.

We deserved something from this game, but bad luck, shit substitutions and awful defending cost us again.

we will continue to limp through the season, until we can ship out half the dross in the team in the summer, whether we can avoid relegation to get to that phase is another story.

i for one can't be **** to watch this shit anymore.

Anyone got Houllier's number?
Absloutely this.

I'm missing the excitement of last season'e relegation scare.

Funny you should say that. If I'm correct we've played 24 games this season and got 28 points. Last season we had the exact same number of points after the same number of games.

The only reason why we're not in a relegation battle (yet) is because the teams below us are poorer this season.

The big difference however is that Houiller had a plan. He was building a team with a shape. AMcL doesn't seem to have a plan.... team selections, substitutions and formations might as well be plucked out of thin air....

Thought we deserved a draw at the very least. Some great football going forward, just not having any luck. Why do deflections in and around our box always drop to the striker to smash some? Ba, Walcott, Cisse... We never get anything drop to us, Gardeners header a classic example. Our performances are getting much better.

could only watch the second half but my 5 year old son asked why do we just keep kicking it up the field to nobody or Newcastle? that pretty much sums us up at present i think! he also said Villa are lucky he still supports them which did brigthen my mood!

I hope to god Ireland was not pulled off for swearing at the OPPOSTION manager? if so that the worst bit of mangement I have ever witnessed!

abysmal second half

god knows what happened at half time cus first half we actually looked decent

second half we reverted to hoofing it

cannot remember the last time we played above average for 90 mins - maybe chelsea?? but other than that, only 2 or 3 times since MON **** off

Absloutely this.

Funny you should say that. If I'm correct we've played 24 games this season and got 28 points. Last season we had the exact same number of points after the same number of games.

The only reason why we're not in a relegation battle (yet) is because the teams below us are poorer this season.

points/games is not comparable because the strength of teams can differ a lot between seasons. as for the teams below is being poorer, that is purely subjective. you can only judge success in this league in comparison the other 19 teams and McLeish is currently doing better this season than Houllier was, as his league positions have been higher.

put it this way, if we were 13th with 42 points under one manager in a season, and 18th with 42 points under another, i know which one has done the better job.

Absloutely this.

points/games is not comparable because the strength of teams can differ a lot between seasons. as for the teams below is being poorer, that is purely subjective. you can only judge success in this league in comparison the other 19 teams and McLeish is currently doing better this season than Houllier was, as his league positions have been higher.

put it this way, if we were 13th with 42 points under one manager in a season, and 18th with 42 points under another, i know which one has done the better job.

I think when you take it into account that on the whole McLeish has had far more favourable circumstances than Houllier did, to have amassed the same number of points at this stage in the season is very poor and in my book he's done a worse job than Houllier as things stand.

i should point out that i don't think mcleish is the right man, but houllier was awful and i wish people would shut the **** up about him

What's the difference then? Same number of games, same number of points as last season? Why the Houllier hate?

They were both poor appointments IMO but especially Mcleish. Atleast Houllier used to be a good manager and who knows he may have turned it around if he got to carry on. Mcleish however made no sense what so ever, especially with Mark Hughes unemployed at the time. What on earth was Randy thinking??

Â