• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Keane
    • Bannan (for Ireland 46)
    • Heskey (for N'Zogbia 66)
    • Gardner (for Clark 84)

Another 15 mins of very good football out of 90. The only players that can hold their heads at normal level are Keane, Bannan, Clark & Gardner. Our fullbacks were again exposed in the 2nd half. Dunne & Cuellar defend like retards time and again. Where's the leadership? Where's the determination? Newcastle pretty much won every 50/50 today.

That 2nd half performance was a disgrace, and I bet AMC's HT talk was **** over by Ireland being a prick.

This is a joke. I struggle to see another Premier League team this season with as many problems on and off the pitch as us. Yes we're not in the drop zone but it's only a matter of time at this rate.

We were ok in the first half in a pretty even match. Some nice moves involving our attacking players.

Second half we were absolute donkeys bollocks, sitting back and kicking long. When you are looking for a goal Heskey is never the answer and giving Gardner only 8 minutes was bloody silly.

6 Wins in 24 games is fecking shocking. Thank god that there are some real rubbish teams in the league this season.

Bollocks.

So good in the first half, playing great football and then we come out after HT and revert to hoofball and sitting back.

Keane will be missed when he goes back, keeps us ticking over so well and combined really well with Nzog and Ireland in the first half. Keane MOTM.

Bent had a good game but will be annoyed at himself for not putting away one of those chances.

Should not have brought off Ireland or Nzogbia or changed tactics at HT so I think for this one the blame has to lie with the manager.

City next week... brilliant.

i had money on ba 1st goal 2-1 so im not exactly surprised

disappointed after the great 1st half, if we subbed ireland cos he's injured then fairy muff but if we subbed him because he swore at pardew then FFS talk about shooting yourself in the foot, we hardly got a sniff in the 2nd half, people will no doubt point at the pantamime villain coming on but for 10 minutes after he came on we played better, bannan was the one, played poorly should have been gardner who looked good

when hutton is your best defender it tells you everything you need to know, keane/ireland/nzogbia/bent were all brilliant 1st half, bent missed 2 good chances (well played krul IMO) but name someone else that we could get that could make those runs? nzogbia should have looked up more, keane continues to look amazing, ireland was good on the ball

2nd half complete change, pretty much everyone was shit IMHO, dont think anyone would get over a 6 in the second half

My biggest worry is that the only player who seems to give a shit at the minute is one we have on ****' loan. Fair play to Keane who has been great and shows what a professional footballer should be like. Imagine how bad we're going to be once he leaves.

Drop the entire first team and promote the reserves for the rest of the season and at least we may see some passion.

So angry with the club right now. Wrong manager, piss poor players and an owner who's lost interest. Something needs to happen to drastically stop this slide as eventually we'll go down. If not this season then next.

Thank's Villa for **** up what's left of my weekend.

The quicker this crap experiment in hiring this utter rubbish McLeish ends the better.

Stupid substitutions again ruined a game - 6 wins in 24 games is disgraceful , diabolical and should be sacked for this laughable stat alone.

They didn't sack Houllier and he only had 6 wins in 24 league games, why would they do any different for McLeish. The guy is here for the long term unfortunately, seemingly because no one else would touch us with a barge pole at the moment.

no fight, no talent. Its the older players who are letting the side down. Make me manager and Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Hutton, Petrov and Heskey will never play for the club again. I'd prefer young enthusiastic players like Lichaj, Baker, Gardener, Bannan and Clark. Mode the team around a core of potential then coach them properly. Add N'Zog, Ireland, Bent and Given and you get a starting point.

We were the better team in the first half. Ireland being a total idiot allows himself to be substituted for swearing at Pardew and we sat back - Bent missed some good chances. Heskey was pretty effective when required. Gardner could have scored twice. Warnock was lucky not to be sent off.

Just curious have you ever played the game?

Players tell each other and oposition managers to **** off on a regular basis at all levels of the game, the idiot is McLeish for taking him off for it(if that is the reason he was subbed).

I have played Sunday League in the past. I certainly wouldn't tell my manager or the opposition manager to **** off. It's stupid, McLeish took him off for it - should not have given him the option. Assuming this is the reason. Again, we don't have context for this scenario and it's all word of mouth. I see no other reason unless he was truly injured. McLeish isn't that stupid.

Heskey for N'Zogbia made total sense - as his crossing was largely poor and he was getting wound up. Bannan didn't have a great game and only came to life for the last 10 minutes. On another day we would have drawn. We certainly created enough chances.

Given 6 - perhaps could've come out to claim the cross for 1st goal. Could do nothing for 2nd.

Hutton 5 - both goals came from crosses from his wing, he also conceded possession which led to the 1st.

Warnock 4 - bad, just bad.

Dunne 5 - not good enough today

Cuellar 5 - also not very good. Not the answer at CB, Collins is better.

Ireland 6 - played some good passes - wait and see what the story is with the substitution

Petrov 7 - pretty decent

Clark 5 - wasteful with the ball on several occasions, think it's time to start Gardner ahead of him

N'Zogbia 6 - got the assist, decision making & crossing both poor at times

Keane 8 - best player easily. surpassed my expectations by a long way

Bent 5 - didn't take his chances & looked lazy at times

Bannan 6 - a couple of good crosses, but didn't get into game enough

Heskey 6 - reasonable but no significant impact

Gardner - promising cameo, should've been on for Clark at HT

When is Lerner going to realise he **** up?

Too late - he did that when he got rid of O Neil and thought that in the PL you can make a profit and you can achieve success without spending. Not impossible but implausible.

Mind you for those fans that wanted the wages and transfers fees kept under control - they should be pretty happy now they have got their way. Now you can have your cake and eat it.

Ireland went down half way through the half so perhaps he was just actually injured ..which isn't too good as he constantly keeps getting these knocks.

Draw would have been fair result to be honest and we were unlucky to be beat by a wonder goal.Gardner should have been on earlier as well once we were chasing the game no point having 2 midfielders holding at that point.

There isn't anybody defending Mcleish as far as I know.

Zog set up the goal - but other than that was very poor - he seems like a winger who can't cross.

Clark - He was the one youngster I rated - but very poor in the last few games

Bannan - Not PL quality in my opinion. Gives the ball away far to often

Cuellar - His shortcomings are exposed when he gets a regular run in the team. Couple of major clangers - that he got away with today. I actually think he look better at fullback.

Bent - the lethal box finisher - now seems to want to pause, tun in the box - and pass the ball back to someone on the halfway line.

Watching this game - I couldn't quite beleive how easily newcastle took the ball from us - yes you get caught in possesion now and again - but it was happening all the time.

Can I open a can of worms and say i thought we looked better defensivley with Guzan in goal

to end on positive. Gardner looked good. hope he gets another 5 minutes next week.

Â