Snow Watch!

trekka

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Made it to work today. Was fine without having to get out of that **** car park.

Frustrating drive in though. People driving at 5mph on the main roads which are mostly clear.

I know you have to slow down, but be reasonable. If you have to drive that slow you shouldn't be driving.

You do see some sights on the roads when the weathers bad don't you! 

That said, I'd rather be stuck behind the 5 mile an hourer, than in front of the plank that thinks normal speeds and stopping distances are ok! Christmas is no fun in a neck brace! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wife has made a pot of stew today, it's been on the hob most of the day cooking. She dished it out about half hour ago, and I was sat at the table eating it whilst looking out the window at the snow and ice and the night drawing in. Something felt missing, pepper? No, more salt? No, then it realised I was eating it in the wrong place. I got up, put my big coat on and went outside and sat in the corner of the garden, in 4/5 inches of snow , with my bowl of warm stew. It just felt great and the right thing to do to really appreciate it.my Wife got annoyed when the kids ended up following suit ,but it was something different.

That's the kind of thing that will stick with your kids long after the annoyance of your wife has disappeared. 

Great parenting papa Ruge. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That's the kind of thing that will stick with your kids long after the annoyance of your wife has disappeared. 

Great parenting papa Ruge. 

I honestly didn't expect them to follow me, but they noticed me out of the back window.My lad being a proper lad loved it, but my daughter being a proper girl didn't want to get her arse wet :)

Edited by Rugeley Villa

9 hours ago, villarule123 said:

The paths are the worst they've been all week today. It's like an ice rink out there. 

Four Oaks train station platform today was slippier than Silver Blades used to be (showing my age there!)

The snow came a week early for me. If it would of came this weekend then I wouldn't of had to work  the 3 days next week. Just can't be arsed to go in for 2 days, then have 2 off, then back in for 3 days before I break up. Holiday mode has truly set in. I'll be a right grumpy bastard in the morning, then I'll realise it's nearly Christmas and will be ok again. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Four Oaks train station platform today was slippier than Silver Blades used to be (showing my age there!)

Yes you are!  I went on my very first proper date there. That was 24 years ago.

It went well, her name was Anna and I got a handjob on the back of the bus on the way home.  #metoo :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â