Snow Watch!

trekka

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's even worse, bringing work home with you :)

It's because I've persuaded myself I'm so very very vital.

Or, if I can get ahead of the work today, I get to wrap up the week a day early and go on a jolly boys footy away trip on Friday...

It's actually the bit of my job that I enjoy, the initial concept and design. It's really difficult to do in the office environment. So I'll nail it this evening, arrive with it pretty much done in the morning and get one of the cad monkeys to actually make it work. Then I can play at being a manager and dick about with spreadsheets all day.

• Like 2

I’ll work from home tomorrow I think. It’s a 42 mile trip each way and although I can probably do it without killing myself some other not so skilful driver might leave me stranded somewhere freezing to death.

55 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I don’t know what to do about work tomorrow, pretend I can’t get my car off my drive or pretend the buses aren’t running?

Scenario 1 - I had a right game trying to get into work today, I couldn' get my car off the drive so I had to get the bus.

Scenario 2 - the busses weren't running this morning but luckily I managed to get my car off the drive so I still managed to make it into work.

You see the problem with pretending only one of them is causing you issues.

• Like 1

It's going to be freezing all day and tonight it's going to be -5, so can't see much of it shifting today. Might be another day off work tomorrow. The snow on the roof ain't too bad, it's the ice that's the main problem.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Snow day for me. WFH

Our car park for our flat is underground and the slope to get out is icy as ****.

If it was a straight run it would be ok. You could just gun it up. But it curves upwards and to the right a full 90 degrees. So was basically impossible.

I have video evidence of me trying to show the boss :D 

Driving back from rural aka snow drenched worcester to Cardiff today. I drive three or four times a year with rentals and this is the first snow I've covered since passing my test 14 years ago. Joy. Most of they way is usually ok traffic wise but I susoect the M5 is going to be an arse. Podcasts loaded up and ready for an extended drive...

Edit: I did bin off doing this journey yesterday so this is the back-up, pre booked day off being used! 

Edited by Rodders

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Snow day for me. WFH

Our car park for our flat is underground and the slope to get out is icy as ****.

If it was a straight run it would be ok. You could just gun it up. But it curves upwards and to the right a full 90 degrees. So was basically impossible.

Nice to know the £2.5k a year service charge is in full swing ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Snow day for me. WFH

High gear, low revs

17 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I don’t know what to do about work tomorrow, pretend I can’t get my car off my drive or pretend the buses aren’t running?

Say you can't get the car out because your electric gate has stopped working.  Must be the cold.  You'll have to wait in for the engineer.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If you don't have to make the journey, you shouldn't - it's reduces risk, saves money, blah blah blah - people shouldn't need to feel bad.

Presenteeism at its worst. 

Its not always the case though.  A lot of people can't work from home (no laptop, VPN, etc).

I whatsapp'ed everyone in my department, and said "Don't come in if its too difficult. We just need to make sure 1-2 people get in" (out of 12 people)... but everyone made it into work!  

Edited by ender4

I was dreading the journey in but it was a doddle.

I decided to get the bus and I was only waiting a few minutes for it. I was in town within 20 minutes, the main roads are clear. It's the earliest I've been to work in about 6 months.

Â