Weekends football 4/5 Feb

andykeenan

Only way to stop this is for video refereeing / review system.

Would soon stop if decision was overturned and Welbeck was booked for diving. Throw some fines into the mix aswell.

Whilst it continues to work, it's not going to stop. Footballers are paid to win matches for their team, yesterday proves the 'benefit' of diving.

Howard Webb had a(nother) shocker I admit, but in real time it's very hard to judge (leaving aside jokes that he does it on purpose).. especially when player start deliberately leaving their leg like Welbeck did, so that there is actual contact.

Great game but some of the penalty shouts and diving within the game was quite shocking..

Great performance by Webb for United. Had a quiet first half and must have been disappointed with himself for missing a good chance to award a penalty, but second half he was simply brilliant. Led United's comeback from 3-0 down by conjuring two goals out of absolutely nothing.

Seriously though, I hate seeing that sort of stuff. I saw Evra in an interview admitting quite frankly that he'd deliberately put his foot in the Chelsea player's way to draw the "foul", and the second penalty was even worse. Welbeck stuck his leg back quite a long way to put it between the defender's legs to get himself "tripped". Adam Johnson for City against Fulham was just as bad. Games ruined by cheating.

They were both penalties to be fair. The first is absolutely stonewall.

The second less so, but still a penalty.

Great game but some of the penalty shouts and diving within the game was quite shocking..

Great performance by Webb for United. Had a quiet first half and must have been disappointed with himself for missing a good chance to award a penalty, but second half he was simply brilliant. Led United's comeback from 3-0 down by conjuring two goals out of absolutely nothing.

Seriously though, I hate seeing that sort of stuff. I saw Evra in an interview admitting quite frankly that he'd deliberately put his foot in the Chelsea player's way to draw the "foul", and the second penalty was even worse. Welbeck stuck his leg back quite a long way to put it between the defender's legs to get himself "tripped". Adam Johnson for City against Fulham was just as bad. Games ruined by cheating.

They were both penalties to be fair. The first is absolutely stonewall.

The second less so, but still a penalty.

The 2nd pen was downright cheating.

Exactly. Second one he looked for, and was unfortunate because Ivanovic slipped, but it's still a penalty.

But because it's Howard Webb and United people will jump on the bandwagon.

If that was Villa and either of those weren't given we'd be livid.

Exactly. Second one he looked for, and was unfortunate because Ivanovic slipped, but it's still a penalty.

If that was Villa and neither of those would be given and we'd be livid.

fixed your statement

Or broken it, depending on whether you like your sentences to make sense or not. :)

If that was Villa, neither of those would be given and we'd be livid.

fixed your statement

Or broken it, depending on whether you like your sentences to make sense or not. :)

that'll 'learn' me to proof read when i edit something

Â