• Gerrard
    • Lampard
    • Barry
    • Cole
    • Parker
    • Hart
    • Milner
    • Other

If 'arry gets the job theres no doubt in my mind who he will make captain. A certain nephew of his..

I think if 'arry gets it, Parker is a shoe-in.

Yeah Barry. The play revolves around him. But then when you're that size, things tend to revolve around you naturally. Or 'orbit' as one might say.

Oh Christ, again?! Dunne and Barry are hardly fat, they are bloody fit athletes who let's not forget undergo 90 minutes of strenuous sport every week, not to mention training almost every day. Which is much less than the morbidly obese couch potatoes we see all around us.

If 'arry gets the job theres no doubt in my mind who he will make captain. A certain nephew of his..

really? would he not have his current club captain as England captain?

really? would he not have his current club captain as England captain?

Who? Ledley King, Michael Dawson? :? Somehow I doubt that...

Wilshere won't make the euros.

Very good player though.

Is that certain now? I know he's having scans this weekend to gauge the length he'll be out for but there is hope that he'll get at least a month of football in before the end of the season. He'd be on my plane, though perhaps not as captain just yet.

Barry is so under-rated by fans across the country. Not sure if he's captain material though, I think you either need to be the best or one of the very best players like a Gerrard or Rooney or a driving force like Parker. He's an extremely solid and steady player but not really sure captain but then again, a quiet but assuring captain is maybe what is needed. Doubt it really matters.

I'd give it Rooney..

I'd give it Rooney..

??? Why exactly?

Is he a leader? No

Is a role model off the field? No

Does he let his country down when they need him most? Yes

Is he more often than not utter tripe in an England shirt? Yes

I cannot honestly think of a single reason why you'd make WR captain.

Agreed.

No idea why everyone is saying Rooney.

He can't control his temper as seen against Montenegro and he is now banned for 2 games at Euro 2012.

Rooney should never be captain of England.

I'd give it Rooney..

??? Why exactly?

Is he a leader? No

Is a role model off the field? No

Does he let his country down when they need him most? Yes

Is he more often than not utter tripe in an England shirt? Yes

I cannot honestly think of a single reason why you'd make WR captain.

First question, Yes I think he is.

Role model off the field? Who is but has he really done much wrong? Sleeping with a prostitute? okay, he's a heated character but maybe I don't read enough papers but rarely see him on back pages for wrong reason. Matured plenty as well as he's grown up and think he'd take it in his stride.

Hmm regarding letting his country down, I think it's difficult to say.

He has played in 3 tournament. He was brilliant in one. Another one, he was clearly unfit and still very young, 21...coming back from injury, frustrated as a lone striker. obviously being sent off is criminal but wouldn't say because of that he hasn't performed for his country.

I expect a lot of disagreements but I just can't take last years world cup seriously. Of course he let the country down with his performances but we weren't talking about the same Rooney, an in form Rooney who suddenly just stopped performing for England and then went back to being brilliant for United. What we saw from Rooney from World Cup until probably February 2011 was dire performance after dire performance and clearly something wasn't right. Obviously don't know what it was but something was very wrong. A shame because he was excellent the season leading upto world cup until injury and that included England.

Overall, I think his England career hasn't been great but certainly don't think he's let his country down when he's fit and ready to play. As long as he stays injury free and problem free then this will show his true colours. No excuses but also in good form and shape.

I think it's very wrong to say he's utter tripe for England more than not. Not from the games I've watched.

Gerrard, unquestionably. He's an experienced captain, at least give him a chance at a time that is probably a bit late but he can still have an impact as captain. Hasn't produced the best football for England in his career but might well do given the authority. Lets be honest, other than Rooney, there is no other played in that team that has the so called X Factor. Gerrard has that. Plus, he should have been captain ages ago without a shadow of a doubt.

Possibly a bit of scouse bias, but it seems logical to me. Barry and Parker fine, level headed players and probably would do a decent job but as players, they are not going to inspire their team with their out of this world footballing ability. Rooney doesn't have the calm head required. Gerrard.

Â