• Gerrard
    • Lampard
    • Barry
    • Cole
    • Parker
    • Hart
    • Milner
    • Other

Rooney seriously? No way is he captain material, he's a thug and has only ever let England down.
Given his unquestioned ability, imagine if giving him the armband made him even a little bit more responsible and took him to the next level performance-wise. Imagine the benefits then. It can't hurt, especially given the lack of any other outstanding candidate.

God knows as a nation you've worshipped underachievers for long enough. Why not give the one genuine world class player you have the responsibility to drag the rest of them out of mediocrity and maybe achieve something. Or not, I don't care :)

I said when England go knocked out the World Cup, I'd make Rooney captain, play him up front, and build the team around him. I think he'd relish the chance, and I really do think it would calm the petulant / thuggish side of his game.

Wayne Rooney is nowhere near mature enough to be considered for this position. His reaction to the fans last year indicated to me anyways that he has a long way to go before he should wear the armband. Barry would be better in that role than Rooney.

Give it to Gerrard.

If you are a member of the England travel club, administered by the FA, and you are involved in any kind of violent incident, particularly in a bar, then you would be refused the opportunity to travel to this or any other major tournament.

Unless they want you to be team captain, that is.

Â