Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

kidlewis

Neither can I but he says it every **** week and it's getting all a bit monotonous.
That's half of it.

However, there's also this issue of when we stopped being a big club. If we aren't a big club anymore then it's not something that's changed in the last couple of years. If we're not a big club then we haven't been for decades.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a cracker which we'll win 4-3.

I think Lawro is a word removed

But it did raise the issue, how do we define a 'big club' these days? I think we are still a 'big club' due to our fan base, proud history, successful youth policy, stadium and facilities, global name and so on but maybe I'm wrong?

Are there other factors that separate 'big clubs' from us? I just think the term should be defined first before we can say whether we are a 'big club' or not? ie a top ten list of what 'Big Clubs' are or have or do or possess and then assess how many of these top ten features Villa already possess? and then do you need all 10 to be a 'big club'?

Anyway up the Villa! Looking forward to tomorrow's game

10cm snow to fall across North East this afternoon and into evening

Amber snow alert

This game must be in doubt ?

Yep this is what I'm thinking too.. the Sky looks full of it.

Not just the pitch but it'll be travelling conditions for fans.

you look at the Newcastle squad and they are pretty similar to Villa in terms of high profile players lost and prudent spending, they have some very good young players and a strong backbone that seems to come from their experience in the championship.

Pardew has a done a good job but he's hardly covered himself in glory during his managerial past has he? So kind of shows you that there is always hope for us, we are a thin line away from success and relegation - that is how fickle football is.

We could genuinely make some defensive improvements in the team in the summer, nothing too exciting just a couple of faces - and end up being a more interesting prospect.

Eck may not be the right man for the job, i can't say i am a fan - but we do try and play attacking football and pass and keep possession, we just don't seem to do it consistently or with enough conviction. He doesn't seem to be able to get us to close down and keep high energy levels, and attack, and defend all at the same time for 90 mins. All the elements are there just never at the same damn time!

It winds me up that practically everyone thinks we will lose this match, although it's hard to fault their logic.