Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

kidlewis

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought they were at the ANC??

Well Senegal completly sucked at the ANC, so they're back. There was talk they'd be available for the Blackburn (they werent, as if happened) so I am pretty sure they will be available for this game

As for the game being called off, I guess that depends on the forecast snowfall, and how much there is up there. I'm sure the pitch will be fine, but if the roads going to the ground and the conditions around the ground are considered potentially dangerous, it could be called off

Also, Aston Villa are good on the counter-attack as we saw against Arsenal last week. They also played very well in the second half against QPR and I just think they will be a threat to Newcastle.

I haven't been impressed with them this season, but they've been decent in the last couple of games. If they'd got through the first 10 minutes of the second half at Arsenal without conceding a goal then I think they'd have won the game. They might even have picked Arsenal off again. If they play like that against Newcastle they won't be too far away.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2

thats coming from merson who normally predicts doom and gloom for us so we must be doing something right

also sky sports stats on the game

Alex McLeish has won none and lost three of his five matches as a Premier League coach against Newcastle United.

This fixture ended 6-0 to the Magpies last season

Aston Villa have lost just two of their last 12 Premier League away games (W4 D6 L2) and none of the last five (W3 D2).

None of the last nine Premier League meetings between Newcastle and Aston Villa have been away wins.

Newcastle have lost just two of their last 15 Premier League home matches (W8 D5 L2).

Aston Villa have recovered more points from losing positions than any other team in the top flight (11).

Villa have conceded 55% of their goals in the first half, a league-high proportion.

Darren Bent has score in four of his last five Premier League appearances and now has 100 Premier League goals.

Aston Villa are the only team in the Premier League without a goal from a corner this season.

Aston Villa have conceded more goals from corners than any other team in the top flight this season (

Also, Lawro has predicted a Newcastle win \o/
Yes, I saw that. Certainly not out of the question but what pisses me off are his little digs at us.

Consequently, you look at Villa and you see a mid-table side. People say they are a big club, but they're not. They were a big club but they aren't anymore, just like you could say Liverpool are not as big as they were. Those are the facts.