"Club 12" from Glasgow

Richard

We now have a situation where you currently can't watch the (joint?) biggest club in Scotland. And we all know Sky abhors a vacuum :)

I think next season in Scotland will be very interesting indeed.Rangers are in the 3rd division and I dont care how big they are, they will be in div 3 , so I cant see them attracting too many top class players. Also dont forget that it will take a mininum of 4 seasons before they have a chance of winning the title ( a lot of time out of a footballers career )So, with worse players,less TV money and the time element thrown in it will be a very interesting season.

I can't help feeling there is still something left to play out here.

Some last minute restraint of trade appeal process or threat of a breakaway Atlantic League.

As much as I'd love the weekly car crash that will be Rangers vs High Street YMCA I just can't help feeling something will prevent it.

I can't help feeling there is still something left to play out here.

Some last minute restraint of trade appeal process or threat of a breakaway Atlantic League.

As much as I'd love the weekly car crash that will be Rangers vs High Street YMCA I just can't help feeling something will prevent it.

There was talk of trying to set up a "Scottish Premier League 2" with Rangers and a bunch of clubs that agreed to jump on board from the Scottish football league.

So Club 12 will be Dundee. I think that's the wrong decision, but as the bigger of the 2 clubs in contention I suppose it's attempting in some small way to compensate the SPL with having a bigger draw than The Pars were.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

In exchange that Rangers merchandise will be sold in his shops which is a win for both parties.

The share issue is another way in which the club have brought much needed money into the club. £22million I think the figures are which is a fine achievement.

Now starting to stroll the league, continued wavering support from the loyal supporters.

Promotion is more or less guaranteed for this season now and within a year the club shall be back in the SPL. Providing the league reconstruction has taken place otherwise Charles Green will more than likely refuse any place in the SPL with its current format.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems the Scottish FA are not allowing Rangers to win promotion

Rangers talking about leaving the league.... :blink:

They could be a one-club traveling show, like the Harlem Globetrotters

Seems the Scottish FA are not allowing Rangers to win promotion

Rangers talking about leaving the league.... :blink:

They could be a one-club traveling show, like the Harlem Globetrotters

The Scottish league has always been a bit of a joke. The 2nd best club in scotland right now only got 4000 fans to their last home game and 1000 of those fans were traveling supporters. The league is in a dire state. There has always been talk of Celtic and Rangers leaving but I think it might be a possibility in the next decade.

Celtic already won the title and it's january. They are 9 points clear.

Celtic may win the league but its going to do more damage than good. Eventually their own fans will get bored and stay away as be same thing every week

Competition is the key and they have none so it will affect them in years to come. What decent player will want to go there. if I was Rangers I would apply to join south wont take for them to get in the football league, also they would be able to enter FA cup and could play a interesting game against a top side

IN fairness Celtic is a good breeding ground at moment for young talent to make their way to Premier League as they get a chance to show their talent in Europe and also get a chance to get used to British conditions.

Look at Ki for example he has not looked out of place in Premier League same would probably happen to Wanyama or Forster

Going back to club 12. The league are right. The punishment originally meted out to Club 12 meant it would take them a minimum of 3 years to get back to the Premier League. The re-structuring of the leagues would have meant reducing that by one year - or reducing the punishment by 33%. Because in essence they'd be promoted this season and be in tier 2 next year, not the current tier 3. The Football League(s) quite rightly said that in Club 12's case, they can't come up because they have to stay out of the top tier for 3 years.

Club 12 were happy enough to take the original punishment so it rings pretty hollow with me that they're now all of a sudden not happy with it staying the same. I get that they're miffed at avoiding promotion this season but that ignores the changing circumstances in which that situation has arisen. They should still be happy to serve their punishment. Though I can't say I blame them for chancing their arm at trying once again to leave the league under the guise of being jilted when in fact they'd land on their feet if they got their way.

Basically suck it up and STFU Club 12.

As for the proposed changes? The words shit, bat and crazy spring to mind.

Â