• Warnock
    • Clark
    • Petrov
    • Ireland
    • Keane
    • N'Zogbia
    • Bent
    • Sub:Bannan (for Clark)

I don't put our results down to Eck's 'negativity', our results are simply down to mistakes, silly, sloppy mistakes!

Other teams must be told to just sit back and wait for us to give the ball away.

In fairness, Warnock improved a lot in the 2nd, some great tackles.

Ireland is now one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Ciaran Clark will be our CB and Captain for the next decade, he is a fantastic defender, but at CM, he has been very poor, terrible passing, I was glad he went off...

Apart from their goals, QPR were poor, why spend all this money on 2 strikes (even though Helgusson has been scoring regularly) when your midfield is shit? (Sorry Barton, didn't notice you were playing until the 70th minute)...SWP looks quick still...but he didn't offer much else.

We're playing better, we just need to cut out the shitty mistakes!

Oh and the Derry handball, I saw his arm out from block C7, how the ref missed it is beyond me!

Yes we did play very well in the 2nd half...got the ball down and passed it on the deck from the back...nice triangles made from the attacking players and clever through balls....

but it's much easier to play attacking football and dominate a game when the opposition are sitting back and already 2 goals in front!

where are these performances when its 0-0?

Why do we have to wait to climb a mountain and have the fans booing us before we start to play any kind of decent football?

There is no point turning up if we continue to let these piss poor goals in...4 out of our last 5 goals conceded could have been avoided.....

our back line is utter turd and i wanna see a whole new one in the summer except maybe Cuellar...our front 5 proved today they can play..time for the defence to step up and give them a platform to play on...

MOTM was Keane for me...we are massively gonna miss him when he goes...he is perfect at playing in the hole and linking midfield and attack....countless times he came back to the halfway line, picked the ball up and drove us forward

Typical Villa, we give two soft goals away and then we have to chase the game. In the second half we were outstanding and for the boo boys on here the stats prove it. We should have scored a couple more and I suspect the ref and his assistants will have their wrists slapped for missing at least two stonewall handballs in the area by QPR.

Overall I'm very disappointed not beating QPR but we did play well in that second half with the ball on the deck so maybe there is something to build on.

The thing that really disappointed me last night were the 'fans' who booed Warnock after he scored the OG, every time he got the ball for the rest of the first half. For the record he worked his socks off in the second half. How does booing him help FFS?

My first game of the season and 1st half was as i thought it would be very poor. Bur 2nd half we were very good. We should of won we had so many good chances. Very impressed with nzog ireland bent keane clark. Hutton and warnock so poor. Need to be dropped. Just cant defend at all when under pressure and cant deliver a ball at all.

First half was absolute garbage. Second half just goes to show that we can go out and playing good, open football when we want to. We just need to do it from the start of the match, ffs. I get the impression it frustrates the manager as much as it does us!

I must admit, I was disappointed that there were boos ringing out at the end of the game. Okay, it is 2 points 'dropped' at home, but crikey, that 2nd half was as good a performance as we've put in for a long time at VP.

2nd half was superb and it's frustrating that we don't go at teams and keep possession like that more. First goal was a little unlucky with the way the ball deflected and bounced for Cisse, second was just awful. Would've been 3 points in the ref did his job. 2 blatent penalties and another that's a 'seen them given'.

Great second half but, as someone previously pointed out, the only reason we could attack non stop was that QPR were sitting back trying to defend their 2 goal lead. We won't be able to show that every game as teams won't sit back against us for 90 minutes.

Good to see N'Zog playing with confidence, Ireland great again, Bent very good and excellent finish.

The problem is the powder-puff defence. We look like conceding on every opponents attack. Not sure what the solution is as i'd not bring Collins back in. Maybe carlos to right-back clarke in the centre and hutton left back?

some of the fans at home are pathetic

had poeple by me moaning if we keep it on the deck then moaning for going long

boos for passes going backwards

the game was pretty good felt we should have won and if we got the 2nd a bit earlier we probably would have.

glad zoggy scored but we did miss albrighton or gabby on the other wing

if thats the style of a mark hughes team thank god we didnt go for him. awful team last night.

i dont think hutton was as bad as others have made out, he was always the outlet ball at the back and as a right back (not a cultured midfielder) he will occassionally give the ball away. we'd be far worse off if we were hoofing a la james collins every time. keane in the hole makes a massive difference but n zog must stay out wide; first half everyone was in each otehrs way.

good performance, warnock didnt mean to do it and is shot to pieces so booing him only hurts him and us. and when there isnt a ball on going forward i have no issue with it going back across the back four if it brings the opposition out to win it back. better that than a hoof.

clark was poor but at least he's trying to pass it but again, with two holding midfielders in the middle we lack the killer pass forward. starting a game with 6 defending payers at home v qpr means we're going tp be sat back. i dont think it was mcleish's fault on the goals necessarily but equally you cant be shouting attack if your players are set up to defend and nzog was clearly following a tactic to wander around in the middle in the first half rather than stiock to the wing

Gutted we didn't win, we played some bloody lovely stuff in the second half. Me and the chap next to me were tearing our hair out at Zog in the first half, couldn't figure out if he'd actually been given license to go where he wanted in a 'free role' or if he was just...being a bit stupid? The times when our midfield were looking to release the ball down the left and he was jogging IN FRONT OF THEM after having followed the ball, like a kiddy in the schoolyard, to the right hand side of the pitch was silly. Very very pleased he improved as much as he did in the 2nd half, and a very well taken goal too. Not MOTM for me, due to his first half performance, so I'd give it to Ireland instead. Keane never stopped going either though.

Was very pleased with the reaction of the crowd in the 2nd half aswell, was also quite surprised by the attendance. I only walked into the ground about 10 mins before kick off (late for me) and thought we'd be struggling for 28k, so the 32k was a pleasant surprise.

As for Warnocks own goal - yeah he had a beast!! BUT Dunne needs some blame surely? Why didnt he jump to clear? Unless Warnock called?

UTV

if warnock called and still tried to head it to given he should never play football again but i have a feeling that he did since he tried the same thing against everton and it didnt work then either

I voted for N'Zogbia based on his second half performance where at times he was almost unplayable; a lovely finish for his goal and unlucky not to get another later on.

I think Villa can and do play some very good stuff going forward because we do have the players to play in that fashion. Unfortunately on the defensive side we really need to address the situation and sign a commanding CB and another LB. In an ideal world we'd need a replacement for Hutton but I honestly think McLeish will stick with him; maybe Lichaj will step up once back to fitness?!

It's ridiculous that we seem to be giving teams a goal or two away based on our inability to defend.

Did very well to get a point from the wreckage of the first half

However anyone using this as some justification to prove that Mcleish is a decent manager who just needs more time and the good will of the fanbase is slightly deluding themselves

However anyone using this as some justification to prove that Mcleish is a decent manager who just needs more time and the good will of the fanbase is slightly deluding themselves

What is deluding are those who think six to seven months is more than enough time to build a decent football team!

Ask any pundit, ex-player or manager with a wealth more experience than the armchair fan and they will tell you a new manager needs at least eighteen months before one can be completely justified in having an objective opinion on the matter.

So the correct answer all along is we have to give McLeish some time...

What is deluding are those who think six to seven months is more than enough time to build a decent football team!

Did he need to start from scratch then? I thought we had brilliant youth players and good quality already here?

Sorry but the give Mcleish more time basically ignores common sense that no matter how much time you give him, this is as good as it gets

Quote:

Did he need to start from scratch then? I thought we had brilliant youth players and good quality already here?

Sorry but the give Mcleish more time basically ignores common sense that no matter how much time you give him, this is as good as it gets

this is not his team. houlier only finished 9th with basically the same team plus young + downing

We really should have murdered these last night, they were absolutely there for the taking. The referee, though I usually find it pointless to dwell on such matters, needed shafting with a long pointy stick.

The own goal was just one of those things, they happen. But we had plenty of efforts on target to win the game by quite a margin, so really we were our own worst enemy again. Our inability to convert chances is a concern, but there was enough evidence for me last night to suggest the goals will come.

MOTM? Ireland, yet again. Great movement, covered a hell of a lot of ground and picked out accurate passes at will. Zog was industrious and took his goal well and Keane was quite instrumental in starting a lot of the moves off. Bent was unlucky having a great shot cleared off the line, but he's on a decent run at last.

All in all, a much improved all-round Villa side and one or two excellent individual performances.

A reasonably good performance, probably the best we have played at home this season and for once we actually looked like the home team.

However, this has to be tempered with the following:

1. QPR are probably the worst team to visit VP this season and yet we still only managed to draw.

2. Three months have passed since we last won at home.

3. We struggle to keep a clean sheet even against the poorest of teams.

4. We are slowly but surely being dragged down the league.

Although the football on display against QPR was more pleasing to watch this, in my opinion, is not likely to be the norm and with 3 of the next 4 league games away from home and the only home game against the team at the top of the league leaves me feeling a little bit concerned for the remainder of the season.

I know this is going off on a tangent...

Well yes because each manager has his own philosophy. We all know the style of play is different from O'Neill who played down the wing and under Houllier who played out from the back and through the middle. One however cynical cannot deny we played brilliantly against QPR (in the second half) and also against Chelsea away for example.

No I do not agree as it is contrary to common sense that we hold the opinion that "this is as good as it gets" because firstly that is cynical and secondly YOU do not know for sure and therefore such an opinion defies logic and common sense.

Should we keep our attacking players and address the defensive frailties then we should be in good shape to have a better season next time around in 2012-2013. Behold, the logical opinion my friend!

Â