Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

looking at the table and tomorrow's opponents - a win would give us a 10 point gap between us and QPR, a loss would reduce our current lead to just 3 points.... A win would really pack a bit of space between us and the strugglers.

Fortunately, both Wigan and Wolves are losing tonight!

A must win game for me as was the Swansea game. But I would hope the worst we would get from this one is a point and I am looking forward to Robbie getting his first goal for us at Villa Park tonight and I would really love it if it was the winner.

Draw.

If look at at how our wins come about under McLeish (6 in 22 :oops: ) we wont be due for another win for a good while yet after beating Wolves only over a week back.

Our wins are like rocking horse shite - rare - and very thinly spread out just like his wins at Birmingham were.

A draw is most likely result .

Tonight is one of those games where you think "win it and everything should start picking up." A win would take a lot of pressure off of us in terms of relegation possibility.

Sadly that's why I expect us to get nothing from this game. Even a draw would be shit.

mark hughes has never won a match at villa park as a manager (drawn 4, lost 3) and they have a few injurys, one only 2 of there new signings are available in an unknown quantitiy taiwo and a journeyman that has lost his biggest asset his pace in cisse. its gonna be an awful match. i think we will win if we go 442, instead of the 4-3-2-1 that his been picking just to accomadate robbie keane. id like to see

given

hutton dunne clarke warnock

agbonlahor petrov ireland zogbia

keane bent

but im expecting the same line up that started against arsenal. the atmosphere to be terrible, the attendance to be about 28,000 and every backpass, long ball, failed clearance to be greeted by jeers. and with it being as cold as witches tit tonight, its not going to be enjoyable

Is it a bit cold up there in Brummy land? Only I'm in Wales where it's uncharacteristically nice and I've got a bit of a cold, so if it's going to be miserable then I might stay home and treat myself to a curry instead.

mark hughes has never won a match at villa park as a manager (drawn 4, lost 3) and they have a few injurys, one only 2 of there new signings are available in an unknown quantitiy taiwo and a journeyman that has lost his biggest asset his pace in cisse. its gonna be an awful match. i think we will win if we go 442, instead of the 4-3-2-1 that his been picking just to accomadate robbie keane. id like to see

given

hutton dunne clarke warnock

agbonlahor petrov ireland zogbia

keane bent

but im expecting the same line up that started against arsenal. the atmosphere to be terrible, the attendance to be about 28,000 and every backpass, long ball, failed clearance to be greeted by jeers. and with it being as cold as witches tit tonight, its not going to be enjoyable

would like

given

cuellar clark dunne warnock

albrighton petrov ireland zogbia

keane

bent

Is it a bit cold up there in Brummy land? Only I'm in Wales where it's uncharacteristically nice and I've got a bit of a cold, so if it's going to be miserable then I might stay home and treat myself to a curry instead.

It's nice here at the moment, the sun is shining. It'll be about -1 at kick off.

Nice, thanks coda.

Also it looks like some bright spark has decided to close the M5 Southbound around Birmingham later, so I'll have to take a de-tour through Birmingham. Great.

Wait, what?

Anyone know if the M6 or M1 will be affected?

If Hughes has never won at VP as a manager, then that's a nailed-on QPR win tonight.

Yep, we are the masters at ending other teams/players/managers shit runs

Hopefully McLeish can lift the heads after Sundays farce. :?

They have a much better defence than us on paper but hopefully won't have much of an understanding which is why we need to get at them straight from kick-off, our front line is pretty talented when you look at it so i'm expecting a 3-1 victory.