• Cuéllar
    • Ireland
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Keane
    • Gardner (for Agbonlahor 71)
    • Bannan (for Petrov 82)

That second penalty was really dumb of Bent.

What on earth was he doing back there anyhow?

Decent first half counter attacking football then the usual implosion and directionless garbage.

He was trying to be a left back

First penalty was debatable. It looked like the Arsenal player had lost the ball to Given and therefore wasn't in control of the ball. Second penalty, Bent just about got the ball. Took the man first but still got the ball.

Gutted but we never gave up.

1st penalty was only after Cuellar received an elbow in the place. Officials bottled it

Fantastic away fans... how many gaps in the Emirates apart from Villa fans?!

never mind guys... I had a bad feeling about this as soon as I saw the draw for the next round!

That second penalty was really dumb of Bent.

What on earth was he doing back there anyhow?

Decent first half counter attacking football then the usual implosion and directionless garbage.

He was trying to be a right back

After all the Booing at half time from the Arsenal fans you would think it would be a great lift for Villa to take control from the start of the second, "How wrong was I" I dont know what was said at half time, but i bet it was'nt " Keep pushing lad's we can score more on the counter" as was proven when Bent gave away that penalty (what is he Heskey! the only other striker you'd find defending).

I voted for Given as he saved our hides in the first half, also Cuellar had a good game and made some great passes through to midfield (he kept the game short and did'nt HOOF the ball like the rest of the defence, his mistake was passing to Petrov who yet again played more back passes than looking to push the team forward.)

Just another disappointing game WHICH WE SHOULD HAVE WON.

Gutted, **** gutted.

Ireland definite MOTM playing out of position and had a really good game.

Not much else to say, two poor tackles and a huge slice of luck. We should not be told to sit back on leads and the blame for that lies with the manager but there is nothing he can do about suicidal defending, what was Hutton thinking with that 'clearance'?!

Same old, at least we can concentrate on the league now.............

First penalty was debatable. It looked like the Arsenal player had lost the ball to Given and therefore wasn't in control of the ball. Second penalty, Bent just about got the ball. Took the man first but still got the ball.

Both stonewall penalties.

How the **** is this on McLeish. Players should be holding their hands up on this one. But **** our defenders did superb in the first half lost count on how many passes we intercepted, straight up nullified everything they threw at us.

I am devastated with that totally clueless 2nd half performance, Arsenal were there for the taking at HT. They stepped it up a gear after the break and we didn't or couldn't.

Why are us Villa fans expected to put up with mediocrity all the time.

Randy, I think the slogan now reads "Aston Villa Football Club, Proud History No future"

The goodwill is starting to wear thin...

I have lost any enthusiasm I have ever had for this season. Players and Manager need to have a word with themselves. If they don't, I know loads of people who would be up for doing so. As someone mentioned earlier lets hope we can get on with the League now.

Â