wasted talents

leemond2008

Do you or anyone you know have any talents that go to waste?

I dont really have any that I can think of I'm pretty much an average joe in most things, my flat mate is sitting down in the room drawing a picture and its **** amazing

I have told him hundreds of times that he should try and make some money off the pictures that he draws but he just cant be arsed

he is currently copying a picture out of a lord of the rings book that he has got and it is brilliant, there are pictures that he has drew all over the flat (some that he has copied others that he has done from the top his head) the thing is he takes real time in them I mean hours and hours of work.

I just cant help to think that if I had a talent like that then I would sit there drawing pictures of justin beaber, beyonce and whoever else the **** is popular and sell them on ebay or somehing, I am pretty sure that you would make a fair whack of money doing that but he doesnt seem interested and only actually sits down and puts time and effort into it every now and again

so do you know anyone that is brilliant at something and does nothing about it???

My GCSE Art work was actually kept by the board who mark work to set the standard for B grade art. Not an A but I wasn't particularly inspired by what I was drawing.

I've probably drawn one thing since I left school nearly 6 years ago.

I am a crack-shot with a rifle (And I mean I can put 5 out of 5 bullets on a playing card from 200m) but I am not sure how far that "talent" would get me.

An Olympic gold or the FBI?

I need to do more with my music. I don't have amazing technical ability but I once played don't look back in anger in a pub and by the end of it the whole place was singing it.

I have made some tracks and mashups and they are on my YouTube channel.

I hate that with many of the arts industry it's who you know not what you know.

that is the one good thing about sport, you don't last long being shit (unless you are Hutton).

I am happy at the moment to use music as a source for relaxation and to make some tracks. When I get more time in my life I will do some proper tracks again like ones I made when at College. Some were awesome.

my highlight was gaining a friend on Facebook called Neil Barnes (one part of Leftfield) and he really liked a couple of my tracks. That made me very happy.

with many of the arts industry it's who you know not what you know.

Here I go with some advice of the "Don't do what I do do what I say" kind (and a bit rich as I have no talents at all), but anyway.....

Whether that's true or not, if you keep making excuses like that you'll never ever get anywhere.

The key is to work hard enough so that the people you need to know will WANT to know YOU.

i got a mate who spent a few years in albions reserves, on better money than most of my other mates at the time, liked a night out, got loaned to kiddy harriers and just gave up completely, wont even play sunday league now, really isnt interested

sitting through his stuff is crazy, he was lee hughes strike partner for most games, got team sheets against the likes of rooney, swp, jenas etc

10 years ago, one of my teammates in my local under-16s team got invited to Man City for a trial, he subsequently broke his leg on the trial and was left so devestated, understandably. He became really bitter over the years and started getting into trouble with the police, fighting, vandalism...etc...

I haven't seen him for a few years now and he'll be 24 now, hopefully he's doing OK but my mates and I reckon he went on a complete downward spiral and it's possible he's in jail.

What could have been.......

At school I was very good at Drama, and acted in most of the school plays. I was told I was very talented. If I'd have had the guts, I may have considered trying to become an actor. The idea of no regular in come, and the fact that it's such a bloody hard business to make it in, made me decide not to take it any further than the school play. I'm pretty distinctive looking, so I'm pretty sure I'd have been marginalised by the type of roles I could play too.

I dont really have any that I can think of I'm pretty much an average joe in most things, my flat mate is sitting down in the room drawing a picture and its **** amazing

I have told him hundreds of times that he should try and make some money off the pictures that he draws but he just cant be arsed

he is currently copying a picture out of a lord of the rings book that he has got and it is brilliant, there are pictures that he has drew all over the flat (some that he has copied others that he has done from the top his head) the thing is he takes real time in them I mean hours and hours of work.

I just cant help to think that if I had a talent like that then I would sit there drawing pictures of justin beaber, beyonce and whoever else the **** is popular and sell them on ebay or somehing, I am pretty sure that you would make a fair whack of money doing that but he doesnt seem interested and only actually sits down and puts time and effort into it every now and again

so do you know anyone that is brilliant at something and does nothing about it???

Imo it'd be more of a waste if he just did it for the money. Some things are more beautiful when done purely out of interest or curiosity.

Imo it'd be more of a waste if he just did it for the money. Some things are more beautiful when done purely out of interest or curiosity.

Dunno about beautiful, but I find I enjoy things more if I don't HAVE to do them.

I've had fun playing music over the years, and I like writing. But if I had to do either for a living, I know I would almost instantly hate them. As I said elsewhere (possibly in this thread), I very much lack the "Protestant work ethic", and I tend to associate enjoyable things with skiving.

Â