Will Roy Keane make a good manager ?

BOF

Will Roy Keane succeed at Sunderland ?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will Roy Keane succeed at Sunderland ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Roy Keane is a legend.

I really hope he succeeds and I think he will.

i hope he fails, the man is a complete arse, dont get me wrong, great player, and im proud to say ive seen him play at VP, but his attitude was wrong when he went on the pitch, and after what he did to haaland i lost all respect for him

but his attitude was wrong when he went on the pitch,

I wish all our players had his attitude. He was win at all costs, never say die, 100% effort. A massive will to win, probably wanted to win more than any other player out there. And then after victories, it wasn't a case of job done...he wanted to move on and continue to be successful.

but his attitude was wrong when he went on the pitch,

I wish all our players had his attitude. He was win at all costs, never say die, 100% effort. A massive will to win, probably wanted to win more than any other player out there. And then after victories, it wasn't a case of job done...he wanted to move on and continue to be successful.

Which is great when he was appying that attitude to football. Not so great when he was applying it to assaulting fellow professionals.

He did that once, an act of revenge after Haaland was sneering at him as he lay on the floor. (Eye for an eye)

In general, his attitude was perfect.

I'll agree to disagree with you. I saw alot of malice and violence in his play and can recall numerous elbows and punches too.

To be honest i'm pretty sure Keane would be the first to admit that.

I think with time, he can become a good manager (possibly even a great one) but it's asking a lot of any player who has only just finished his playing career to become a managerial sensation overnight.

I thnk he'll do okay at Sundaerland but will probably struggle to get them promoted in his first season.

Just after woy announced his retirement for football (or signed for celtic as some people might say):

Richard Keys: "In one word, do you think he has what it takes to be a good manager"

Niall Quinn: "Doubtful"

The tackle on Haaland was a blot on the copy book.

The rest of the stuff, squaring up to Vieira in the tunnel/Punching Shearer are 'fair' things in my eyes. He's squaring up to guys that can handle themselves.

It's not like Mary Poppins and The Highbury Hacker didn't deserve the odd slap or two. But that business with Haaland, I'll never be able to 'respect' him after that.

I honestly think Blunderland have lost the plot appointing him manager.

Cue Sunderland getting prize choice of United's starlets on loan. Ideal for ManUre. Nurtured by a legend and farmed to a different league so no conflict of interest. Nice clean introduction into management for Keano.

Have to say having seen his press conference he has mellowed and he fully acknowledged the fact that he can't be as pig-headed as he was as a player. I really do think he'll make a cracking manager.