Favourite Quotes

donnie

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

Taken.

YES! :lol:

DOUBLE YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I also like the Al Bundy quote!

"Why is it, if you kill a man in the heat of battle, it is heroic. Yet if you kill a man in the heat of passion, it's called murder?"

"You know, if you stab a man in the dead of winter, steam will rise up from the wounds."

• 1 year later...

Three quotes from The Hound in Battle at Blackwater Bay.

"Any man dies with a clean sword and I'll rape his ****ing corpse"!

"Eat **** dwarf"

Last one, see my sig.

Pretty much anything from Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.

• One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continually stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you alright? At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behaviour. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up. After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favour of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working. After a while he abandoned this one as well as being obstructively cynical.

"One of the major difficulties Trillian experienced in her relationship with Zaphod was learning to distinguish between him pretending to be stupid just to get people off their guard, pretending to be stupid because he couldn't be bothered to think and wanted someone else to do it for him, pretending to be outrageously stupid to hide the fact that he actually didn't understand what was going on, and really being genuinely stupid."

"Maybe somebody here tipped off the Galactic Police," said Trillian. "Everyone saw you come in."
"You mean they want to arrest me over the phone?" said Zaphod. "Could be. I'm a pretty dangerous dude when I'm cornered."
"Yeah," said the voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."

• "Excuse me," [Arthur] said, "the Ashes. I've got them. They were stolen by those white robots a moment ago … what should I do with them?"
    The policeman told him, but Arthur could only assume that he was speaking metaphorically.
  • He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

He paused and maneuvered his thoughts. It was like watching oil tankers doing three-point turns in the English Channel.

"The insurance business is completely screwy now. You know they've reintroduced the death penalty for insurance company directors?"
"Really?" said Arthur. "No, I didn't. For what offense?"
Trillian frowned.
"What do you mean, offense?"
"I see."

There are so many many more. Douglas Adams was a genius.

Edited by theunderstudy

Everything we can say about death, everything we try to embroider around the subject, is sterile, entirely fruitless labor. Wouldn't it be better just to be quiet and wait? Don't ask that of humans. They must have a profound need for doom; perhaps they belong exclusively to its kingdom.

Edited by maqroll

John Lennon: 

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

George Best:

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Oscar Wilde:

"i can resist everything except temptation

simple enough but:

"this too shall pass". which apparently comes from some Persian Sufi legend, but whether true or not it's always helped to calm me down when need be!

What should pass??Story behind it sounds intresting but makes no sense without knowing what is meant by it

It's a saying, really, meaning endure, stick with it... but also to be wary of the good times. Everything going wrong, feel shit, nothing going for you? Don't worry, 'this too shall pass', things will pick up. Enjoying a boon, nothing at all that worries you? Remember, the good times don't last forever, 'this too shall pass', things that go up must come down.

It's something worth remembering, sometimes. It can open your eyes to a different perspective.

Ever since this proverb was mentioned in the tattoo thread it really hit home to me.

When I feel down or being a bit selfish and feeling sorry for myself regarding my stroke I find it very soothing and sobering, In fact I decided to have it tattooed on my chest in mirrored text so that when I do find myself staring into the abyss of a mirror its there for me to see.

Some may think i'm a bit of a dick for doing it but it really helps me. 

• Like 1

"He had coffee here, Tony. That's all"

"And now the coffee maker sucks! How do you like them apples?!"

Ariel

: You ever heard of the Masada? For two years, 900 Jews held their own against 15,000 Roman soldiers. They chose death before enslavement. The Romans? Where are they now?

Tony Soprano

: You're looking at them, asshole.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
Â