New Music 2012

Xann

Gave Gaz Coombes' album a few shots now......it's alright I guess, nothing special. The single is easily the best song on the album imo.

Aaaah :cry:

I really really liked the single. Was hoping the album would be decent.

Firstly, some of the songs are little weak, and the 9-minute 'here's some industrial noises' track is irritating as it comes prior to the final 2 songs. Put that kind of crap at the end so we don't have to skip through it.

This is a problem...why? :winkold:

The Stone Roses reunion tour has apparently hit a bump in the road, with the band quitting the stage part-way through their encore.

Fans reportedly heard frontman Ian Brown insult the band's drummer Reni on stage after the gig was halted in Amsterdam.

Following their performance, Brown returned to the stage on his own and told the crowd: "I'm not joking, the drummer's gone home. Get all your aggro out on me, I can take it. What can I say, the drummer's a c***," according to NME.

Sources at the show at the Heineken Music Hall claimed there had been a problem with the drum-kit and that the frontman was being tongue-in-cheek, the website said.

The incident cut short the band's encore of I Am The Resurrection.

MSN

can-the-lost-tapes.jpeg

Out Monday.

Nice object, it comes in a box like a reel to reel (NAB) spool.

Great band, exceptional musicians self produced by the bass player Holger Czukay.

Czukay stands shoulder to shoulder with the likes of George Martin and Brian Eno in the production stakes.

Yep been looking forward to the Can thing, and the Stone Roses were back on stage together / still in it for the money only two days later in Sweden. Must be some poor ticket sales somewhere

Just bought Dexys new CD 'one day I'm going to soar'.

It's not going to be to everyone's taste but it really is sublime.

Tried to pick up the new Mary Epworth CD out today and at 12 noon they'd sold out! I'm now having a CD posted to the house, having paid cash in advance. How old school is that!

2hxt178.jpg

Um, where to begin?

There's so many ingredients here: unusual (and amazing) instruments, quirky song writing, Rock, Pop, Electronica, Soundtracks, Air, Go Team, Queen, Beach Boys, Astrud Gilberto, Lee Hazlewood, Rockabilly, Folk, Opera, heavy beats - the list goes on.

It's deftly constructed and sharply produced, and it really needed to be to bring together the 'chocolate & cheese' ingredients without sounding shit. The CD is a cracking bit of Hi-Fi.

Quite taken with it, as brazenly power pop and Bohemian Rhapsody as it is in places.

How are the Beach Boys and Neil Young albums sounding? I've not got around to picking either up yet.

Beach Boys - suprisingly decent - I say that because there is usually one abomination by Bruce or Mike in the set, doesn't seem that way this time.

Neil Young - bit of a throwback to the 70's with Crazy Horse, again decent but nothing original here, they're all covers but done in the Young/Crazy Horse styleee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Â