Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

my prediction of our starting line-up (not necessarily my preference)

-------------given-------------

hutton, collins, dunne, warnock

--------gardner, petrov---------

albrighton, keane, agbonlahor

-------------Bent----------------

bench: ireland, clark, zog, bannan, guzan,

my prediction of our starting line-up (not necessarily my preference)

-------------given-------------

hutton, collins, dunne, warnock

--------gardner, petrov---------

albrighton, keane, agbonlahor

-------------Bent----------------

bench: ireland, clark, zog, bannan, guzan,

I'd go with this, but Keane will be up front in a 442. Keane will start, he'll want to get as much game time out of him as possible. Gabby needs to play and the only way to fit him in is on the right, option to push him up front later on.

I think we'll lose this but not badly, i'll go for 2-1.

I think he'll play Clark at DM to break up the Arsenal play and make it difficult for them to pass through the midfield, but don't know how that'll effect the rest of the team.

Imo playing 2 in midfield against Arsenal is what you do if you want a spanking.

I think he'll play Clark at DM to break up the Arsenal play and make it difficult for them to pass through the midfield, but don't know how that'll effect the rest of the team.

Imo playing 2 in midfield against Arsenal is what you do if you want a spanking.

not really, Arsenals midfield isn't what it used to be, sure they still have good players but we need to go 2 up front and take the game to them, strange but i'd rather lose than have a replay.

You're right, they're not what they were, but it's better than Swansea's midfield!

Football is a much harder game physically when you don't have the ball and, against Arsenal, just by hoofing it (like we tend to) we won't have the ball all that much! :)

A win for arsenal by three clear goals or more. Henry will get at least one and that will be enough to be the only thing talked about.

We've got more important things to worry about - like staying up and trying to hold onto a point in midweek.

A win for arsenal by three clear goals or more. Henry will get at least one and that will be enough to be the only thing talked about.

We've got more important things to worry about - like staying up and trying to hold onto a point in midweek.

Just loving your positive approach Pilch, what's with all the doom and gloom?

I'm feeling pretty optimistic too. If we go into this match with the right attitude I see no reason why we can't give Arsenal a game and maybe even get a decent result. I'd absolutely love us to have a good cup run.

Watch us get thrashed now I've said that. :lol:

Agree that he will play Clark in place of Gardner, who lets not forget played on Wednesday. The defence will see the return of Warnock. I don't see how he will leave Keane out given, his limited time here and impact last weekend, but it's a shame that this will almost inevitably mean that Ireland, our most impressive permanently contracted player, recently, will miss out. We play best on the break and with width. Gabby will be expected to play as a winger again, which he really isn't and other width will be supplied by Albrighton, who despite his sometimes deadly delivery can also be so frustrating. I presume N'zogbia is still injured and anyway has not done enough lately to warrant inclusion.

One thing this assumes is that McLeish will play his strongest side, with maybe Guzan coming back. A cup run and high profile victory coud be crucial to the perception of the manager and fans support. And crucially for the confidence of an apparently improving team!

We need to fill our midfield and abuse their left back issues using Albrighton.

I'd love to see:

____________________Given______________________

___Hutton_____Collins________Dunne_____Warnock__

____________________Clark______________________

____________Petrov________Ireland________________

____Albrighton______________________Gabby_______

____________________Benty______________________

Or

not really, Arsenals midfield isn't what it used to be, sure they still have good players but we need to go 2 up front and take the game to them, strange but i'd rather lose than have a replay.

You're right, that is strange... why? Based on recent form our chances of winning today are better than our chances of winning at home... but I would always, in every circumstance prefer a draw to a loss.