Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

We need to fill our midfield and abuse their left back issues using Albrighton.

I'd love to see:

____________________Given______________________

___Hutton_____Collins________Dunne_____Warnock__

____________________Clark______________________

____________Petrov________Ireland________________

____Albrighton______________________Gabby_______

____________________Benty______________________

Or

I'm sure some would slate it, but if I were the manager (and it's a damn good thing I'm not) I would play this with Keane in for petrov and cuellar for hutton. I know it would be very attack oriented and be a risk at the back but I would tell cuellar and warnock and clark to think defense 1st,2nd, and 3rd, and push up only rarely.

Cuellar becuase he's better at staying to the defensive task first. Keane because I think his presence talking and directing is even more important than his goals so far. We need someone to coach our attack how to do anything other than get it wide and cross. Nobody else seems to know how to break down a defense any other way and our coaching staff are having trouble getting them to learn. (bannan and ireland both have the potential, but have shown it inconsistently.)

Villa: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, Ireland, Clark, Petrov, Agbonlahor, Keane, Bent

Subs: Guzan, Heskey, Bannan, Weimann, Lichaj, Baker, Gardner.

No Collins, is he injured or on his way out? No Albrighton as well. Very happy with that lineup.

not a single winger in the whole squad

thats a shame coz Arsenal's full backs are shit...hopefully Gabby can have a run at them

Good line up...the only change i would have made is Gardner in for Clark....

Clark is nowhere near mobile enough to play CM against Arsenal's midfield

Ireland and Gabby both on the wing? That will be interesting. They will both tend to drift in to the middle which means lot's of room for Warnock and Hutton to push up, but not much room for Keane to maneuver. It may work like a charm, but Ireland and Gabby need stay wide unless you are carrying the ball or inside the 18. IMO