Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

2-1 to us. Wolves are a far harder team to beat than Arsenal at the moment. Keep RVP quiet and you keep Arsenal quiet.

I don't think so, oh and keeping RVP doesn't seem to be something anyone is able to do so what hope do we have with our pathetic defence?

I'd love it if we could grind out a good old fashioned 0-0 and bring them back to a Wednesday night floodlit replay down B6. I may even consider going

Argh, I wish there wasn't an ocean between here and Brum....

Ever heard of the aeroplane ?

I'd love it if we could grind out a good old fashioned 0-0 and bring them back to a Wednesday night floodlit replay down B6. I may even consider going

Argh, I wish there wasn't an ocean between here and Brum....

Ever heard of the aeroplane ?

Sure, its what Collins and Dunne keep aiming at.

Villa for a shock 4th round victory

Bloody hell Richard are you feeling alright?!

Wow. "Richard in positive comment on the match thread" shocker! I have to believe we will win now!

------------------ Given --------------------

Hutton --- Cuellar --- Dunne --- Warnock

------------------ Clark ---------------------

------------ Ireland -- Stan ----------------

Gardner ---------------------------- Gabby

------------------- Bent ---------------------

for me.

I think you have to match their central three with a three to stand any chance of getting enough possession to get a result. 4-4-2 is often seen as more positive but is only positive, IMO, if you have the CM that can gain possession! Every time in recent years that we take Arsenal on with a 4-4-2, especially at their place, we get mullered whereas we have quite a lot of success against them with a 4-5-1/4-3-3 where we deny them space in CM.

Be shocked if the arse puts out a full first team squad. Wouldn't be surprised to see something along the lines of

--------------------Sczseny?--------------------

-Coqluin-Vermalen--Mertesacker-Koscielny-

--------------------Song------------------------

----------Rosicky----------Ramsey------------

---Chamberlin-----Henry----------Arshavin--

Something like that

Good point but they do have a match only a couple of days later and I think getting in the champs league is more important than a cup. I still think Wenger will field a mix of starters and some subs. McLeish will probably play the same way he did with Birmingham in last years finale, if so, we are in for a snoozer then Sczseny will drop the ball at Keane's feet for a tap in.

No question whatsoever of us not playing a full strength team. Why is our game against QPR important? It's not in reality is it.

I'm 90% confident they will play full strength too. Don't expect Henry or any of their reserve mugs to start.

A win would be great as a lot of the big teams are out. I'd be happy with a replay though.

Our main hope is that Wenger plays something less than their first choice team (RVP could do with a rest) :winkold:

I also think we do have a better chance away from Villa Park at the moment. This is our one remaining hope of glory for this season and although it is highly unlikely that the trophy will return to us for the first time since 1957 and the head says a 2 goal defeat, the heart says Robbie does a Sammy Morgan and we do them by the odd goal on our way to cup glory. :hooray: