What is the funniest thing anyone ever called you ?

Ikantcpell

A West Ham supporter

Also been called this, was in a taxi on the way to Derby train station, had my claret and blue scarf on. Taxi driver then said 'so your a west ham fan then?'...once i cleared the matter up, he then went on to talk about football, but he had no idea what he was on about

A West Ham supporter

Also been called this, was in a taxi on the way to Derby train station, had my claret and blue scarf on. Taxi driver then said 'so your a west ham fan then?'...once i cleared the matter up, he then went on to talk about football, but he had no idea what he was on about

I've had this in a Birmingham newsagents I visit. I have a Brummie accent and was wearing a claret and blue scarf. "Do you support West Ham?". Idiot.

I am curious to know how many West Ham fans get mistaken for Villa. I'd say it's probably less as they dont appear to have many fans outside of the East End or Essex, but it has to happen, surely? It's probably a lot worse for people who support Burnley or Scunthorpe.

Never been mistaken for a West Ham fan, but I have been;

•mistaken/verbally abused for being a Reading fan whilst in a 'Gladbach kit.

•mistaken/verbally abused for being a Spurs fan whilst in a Vélez Sársfield kit.

A sconner. I had to look it up on urban dictionary.

Who called you this :shock: and why?

See now you are going to have to make me admit that a good storyteller never lets the facts get in the way of a good story.

I think it's mildly amusing when you look up the word on Urban Dictionary for yourself and see its meaning, but it actually happened about twenty years ago, it was in the Holte End (when it was still standing!) and it was said by some random bloke to my mate Lee who was acting like a dickhead. I think it was Spurs at home in 92/93 and Lee had been hurling abuse at Pat Van Den Hauwe all night rather than watching the game and it pissed this bloke off so much he just turned around and shouted "SHUT THE **** UP YOU LITTLE **** SCONNER!"

We were about 12 or 13 at the time, and naturally we found this hilarious so the nickname stuck with him for the rest of school, and it still makes me chuckle when I think about it now.

I've had this in a Birmingham newsagents I visit. I have a Brummie accent and was wearing a claret and blue scarf. "Do you support West Ham?". Idiot.

:bang:

you need to stop visiting that newsagents out of protest.

He was a Liverpool fan. :|

Also been mistaken for a West Ham fan in New York and Liverpool. In Liverpool it was by a doorman who'd recently been beaten up by West Ham fans. Not good.

A sconner. I had to look it up on urban dictionary.

Who called you this :shock: and why?

See now you are going to have to make me admit that a good storyteller never lets the facts get in the way of a good story.

I think it's mildly amusing when you look up the word on Urban Dictionary for yourself and see its meaning, but it actually happened about twenty years ago, it was in the Holte End (when it was still standing!) and it was said by some random bloke to my mate Lee who was acting like a dickhead. I think it was Spurs at home in 92/93 and Lee had been hurling abuse at Pat Van Den Hauwe all night rather than watching the game and it pissed this bloke off so much he just turned around and shouted "SHUT THE **** UP YOU LITTLE **** SCONNER!"

We were about 12 or 13 at the time, and naturally we found this hilarious so the nickname stuck with him for the rest of school, and it still makes me chuckle when I think about it now.

It was a widely used insult when I was at school in Tamworth, there was another thread on here a while back where this 'term' came up. Seems its usage seem to be restricted to Tamworth, Lichfield and Nuneaton. Away from these area's nobody had heard of it.

Â