The country you like to beat the most...

MattS

The country you like to beat the most...  

34 members have voted

1. 1. The country you like to beat the most...

• Australia
    • England
    • France
    • Germany
    • Argentina
    • Spain
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • Ireland
    • Other...

Guest RantinRob

Dont really care anymore, but since drug addled cheating clearing in the woods Maradona twisted us in '86 I've always took great pleasure in sticking it up the Argies (not that it happens that often)

Before that the Argies were one of my favourite teams to watch, in the era of Kempes, Luque and Passarella

For me, its got to be Scotland....I know they are a joke nowadays, but this dislike of the Sweaties stems from the Home Internationals, way back in the 1970s.

Apart from the above mentioned..its either Germany or the Argies.

Blimey ive just realised we had wars with all of them (& won :lol: )

Spain for me. After a year in Gibraltar and the "receptions" we received at Atletico Madrid and Deportivo in the Nineties, I'm no great fan.

Also because some of the best times of my life have beenin the Basque Country, not many of whom have a nice word to say about your average Spaniard.

USA

not football related, just hate the country and all it stands for tbh.

is this thread about football though, as you haven't specified.

if it's football, i'd go for either germany or argentina .

Oh, as for the poll, I'd have to go with Other, in my case meaning Mexico. The US-Mexico rivalry has been heating up over the last 5 years, though I'd say there's a lot more hate coming from the Southern side. How can you really hate a country that gave the world tequila, Negra Modelo, Salma Hayek, Paulina Rubio, and Thalia? Los tricolores do seem to bring the best out of the US National Team, thankfully. And an away win in Costa Rica or El Salvador always makes me happy.

Jon, I'm curious, what does the USA stand for, then? If you hate it so much, why do you have one of its most beloved symbols as your icon?

not really the place to go into it here fella. Arrogance & superiority & ignorance, mainly. Would develop these thoughts, but not here.

not saying this is true of all American citizens, as it plainly isn't, it's just a pervading feeling of the country as a whole.

didn't realise my kermit avatar was endorsing the USA :shock: . I apologise profusely. I'll have to quit my job as well, as i can't use any of these American things i'm currently working with like the various Microsoft applications and spss etc :wink: :lol:

I'll have to stop watching most TV shows as well.

Damn it, i'll just have to admit it. America's great, innit :( :wink:

Oh, to expand on the main theme of this thread, if it ain't football related, then beating the USA in the ryder cup for me takes it :P

Australia. Not because I dislike the beer-swilling, bone-headed colonials, on the contrary I'm more than happy for them to pour my beer and bring me my food. Its just because they're so irritatingly good at sport. Two hundred years ago we discarded their ancestors down under with all the other species God wanted kept at arms length, wrongly assuming they'd all end up eating each other or something, and now they all come back and kick our arses at our own games. Bastards. And their beers crap.

Australia. and now they all come back and kick our arses at our own games. Bastards.

hang fire until saturday evening fella. we might have turned'em over a couple of times by then in a couple of important egg chasing games.

and they're not too much cop at football either.

And their beers crap

true, although Toohey's is quite nice :P

Â