The Republican Presidential Race

CrackpotForeigner

Rick Santorum wants to ban Birth control!

This country really lives in the dark ages! Land of the free...bolloxs!

In the UK we have right wing and a loopy right wing politicians too. We have a voting system that doesn't actually represent the people, a pathetic honours system, a monarchy, no separation of church and state. Shall I go on. How **** dare we Brits, sit at our computers taking the piss out of America.

In the UK we have right wing and a loopy right wing politicians too. We have a voting system that doesn't actually represent the people, a pathetic honours system, a monarchy, no separation of church and state. Shall I go on. How **** dare we Brits, sit at our computers taking the piss out of America.

:shock:

Eh? What? Nurse!!!!!

Eh? What? Nurse!!!!!

Well, i am a Brit, an ex-pat (a very sad ex-pat!)

And can only echo Eames words:- Eh? What??

Living in America, i feel as if i've fallen down the rabbit hole. It's been a real eye opener and has really made me proud to be British.

When we have unelected people like Baroness Warsi, as an example of what I mean, talking shit in this country, I feel that we in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I'd be quite happy to debate people on the issue but I think we'd be hijacking the thread, so I'll leave it at that.

When we have unelected people like Baroness Warsi, as an example of what I mean, talking shit in this country, I feel that we in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I'd be quite happy to debate people on the issue but I think we'd be hijacking the thread, so I'll leave it at that.

I don't know much about Britain but......no, no, nowhere near as bad.

Why isn't Palin in this? I used to look forward to her interviews.

I remember finding her really obnoxious 4 years ago but I can't recall why now.

Maybe because she's a thick, bigoted clearing in the woods. She can be comedy gold at times.

I think the Yanks manage to take everything to an entirely new level. All countries will have their arseholes (elected or otherwise), their idiots, their own problems etc, but in US politics (just like so many other things over there) they seem to do it on a grander more cartoonish kinda way than the rest of us. And unlike most other countries, what happens in the US has a sizeable effect on the rest of us.

Eh? What? Nurse!!!!!

Well, i am a Brit, an ex-pat (a very sad ex-pat!)

And can only echo Eames words:- Eh? What??

Living in America, i feel as if i've fallen down the rabbit hole. It's been a real eye opener and has really made me proud to be British.

I cant help but notice you live in Utah, of all places....no wonder you feel like you've fallen into a rabbit hole!

There ARE places in this country with an educated, progressive thinking populace. Head to either coast, quick.....

Thanks maqroll. Yes, i sure chose one of the worst states to live in (and batshit crazy it is! If im not wrong, they just passed a law in this state to ban all talk of contraception in schools!)

I just cant believe some of the things that go on and the things that come under discussion. The politcians are little more than crooks out here for me. How can they serve the public/their country best when they openly take cheques for millions of dollars from banks/companys to see to their agendas! They'd be behind bars in many other countries!

Many Americans just seem so ignorant of the world they live in, and whats going on (including their own country). I really admire the few Americans who do want to learn and know the world is bigger than there back yard. But, yes, i certainly picked the wrong state for free thinking..

Â