explain SOPA and PIPA

villa4europe

Absolutely Rev. Even if it proved that the site is innocent, the law is such that it can shut the site down until it has proven it's innocence. This could be used to strangle revenue streams to popular sites that are problematic to the government.

As it stands the law is sufficient to shut down sites that are potentially facilitating piracy.

It seems Megaupload is the latest victim

Before it? Napster and I recall quite a few others, but I don't recall their names.

these idiots probably think that iTunes was the first downloading platform for media.

what they don't realise is that whole download industry was born as a result of these illegal sites. I mean look at bit torrent and napster. Both huuuuuuuuge and without that happening Itunes wouldn't exist.

Same goes for viral marketing. the majority of that comes from copyrighting work.

IDIOTS!

I don't really see it as good news until they're dead. And don't forget the European version (ACTA) still hidden in the shadows.

Call me a wide eyed huckleberry, but a cancelled vote on these abominations is good news to me.

'What are you in for?'

'Rape'

'Murder'

'Singing a Justin Beiber song and posting it on the internet'

'Arson'

Ridiculous.

QFT

Sometimes murder and arson are quite justifiable...

Â