Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is the start of "squeaky bum time"

I don't like the look of our last 5 fixtures of the season, we need to start winning these games

I can honestly see us being in big big trouble soon

Our current league position is a bit deceptive in my view. We are about 6 points adrift of where we should be even to keep pace with last season's moderate showing. If we don't start picking up maximum points against inferior teams like Wolves we are going to drift towards a crisis. So I will be worried about anything less than a win. Time for some of our highly paid stars to step up to the plate.

We need to win three, draw six and lose eight of our remaining games to match last years small heath record - and I think they'd have stayed up with 39 points in this years league. Win, lose or draw today, I don't think it's squeaky bum time just yet.

I'm thinking:

-----------------------Given-----------------------

Hutton------Collins----------Dunne----Warnock

---------------Petrov----------Clark-------------

N'Zogbia------------Ireland---------Agbonlahor

-----------------------Bent------------------------

With Guzan, Albrighton, Keane, Cuellar, Heskey, Bannan and Gardner on the bench. (I feel I may have forgotten someone.)

I was very pessimistic a few days ago for this match but I've got a very good feeling for it today. This is based on absolutely nothing but I think we'll win.

Matt Kendrick is reporting that Warnock might be left out which is good news if true, he's been diabolical.

Yep, as SHA proved last term, too many draws = R
This myth keeps cropping up on this site.

SHA were relegated because, after their League Cup victory, they went on a disastrous run of W2 D3 L7 - 9 points out of 36 - and converted their mid table position to a relegation slot. A couple more draws out of that lot would have kept them up, so you could easily argue they didn't draw ENOUGH matches.

The performance of SHA last season is utterly irrelevent to what Villa do this season. I would rather concentrate on what we need to do to improve, not keep harping on about what our desperate neighbours did or didn't do.

My point is we are not really in a comfortable mid table position yet and we need some wins to get there.

Slightly worried, if this is the expected team:-

Given

Hutton Dunne Collins Clark

Albrighton Ireland Petrov Gabby

Keane

Bent

That is far too attacking and unbalanced, Wolves midfield will walk all over us. You want an attacking approach but throwing several attacking players into one side isn't that.

Given

Keane

Bent

That is far too attacking and unbalanced, Wolves midfield will walk all over us. You want an attacking approach but throwing several attacking players into one side isn't that.

McLeish hits back at defensive label by playing seven attackers (in a 4-5-1 mind)

Keane wont last an hour, Petrov cant last an hour and Ireland is not a convential centre mid. Shit team, shit manager = shit result.

Given

Keane

Bent

McLeish hits back at defensive label by playing seven attackers (in a 4-5-1 mind)

Keane wont last an hour, Petrov cant last an hour and Ireland is not a convential centre mid. Shit team, shit manager = shit result.

Rubbish. Of course Petrov can last more then an hour.