Weekends football 14/15 January

andykeenan

well thats another team who go above villa and yet another team who play far better than us. great
If we lose to Wolves we'll be right in the shit. The only reaosn why we're not down there now is because the teams at the bottom aren't picking up as many points as last season.

McLeish prefers us playing like statues. He's awesome.

the lack of movement in the villa team has been there long before mcleish

it was there under houllier, it was there under o'neill, it was there under o'leary

it's not an alex mcleish problem, it's an aston villa problem and there's got to be a reason for it

The thing I like most with Swansea is their movement. Sometimes they would run over the left shoulder and then go to the right. They will always be there to collect the ball in good positions.

THIS!! they move it, they pass it, they have pace, they want to play and like the way they play.

All the things villa don't.

The thing I like most with Swansea is their movement. Sometimes they would run over the left shoulder and then go to the right. They will always be there to collect the ball in good positions.

THIS!! they move it, they pass it, they have pace, they want to play and like the way they play.

All the things villa don't.

we had a guy capable of changing that in charge last season, but he would have been run out of the club even if his ticker hadnt given him problems

that kind of football that people want will never, ever happen at villa. not because the club isn't good enough, and not because we can't attract the kind of players to do it, but because our fans, for the most part, are **** idiots who are unable to see beyond their noses

something like that takes years to foster. it's a slow, gradual process, and you'll get a lot of hammerings on the way towards it. you'll lose far more games than you win for a few years, and you'll play garbage football for longer, before it all starts to come together

we're never gonna see it at villa park because any manager attempting it would be booed out of the club within a year

Rather that than have McLeish and his rubbish football on display

that makes no sense, If Rodgers joined Villa now you would be very naive to think we are going to play like Swansea. It would be similar to last season debacle

that makes no sense, If Rodgers joined Villa now you would be very naive to think we are going to play like Swansea. It would be similar to last season debacle

Personally i could see what Houllier was trying to achieve and probably went about it far too quickly.. but I'd still support it today as it's far better than lumping it forward and hoping for the best or just sitting deep.

We aren't going to finish top 10 in my opinion so i'd rather we worked on developing a philosophy now to aim higher for the future.

Unfortunately I don't think the people higher up at Villa are interested in the football on display and I think that's been part of the problem aswell.

I'd take what we saw last season if it meant working towards being a passing side than what we have now. Hell I'd take what we had last season on its own anyway. We actually weren't a chore to watch week in week out like we are now. We were fighting relegation but that was largely due to injuries, lack of pre-season and the teams down the bottom getting lots of points.

Â