Bargain if your a metal fan

villaboymatt

I don't think I've ever knowingly heard anything by Metallica, and I'm not a metal fan (Zep + Purple + Sabbath were the alpha and omega as far as I'm concerned), but that's such a bargain even I'm tempted to buy it, if only out of curiosity.

We are finally getting to the situation that I have been advocating for several years - if it's cheap enough, and it's less hassle to buy it than it is steal it, then I'll buy it.

I tend to reserve illegal downloads for music that is "out of print" and otherwise unavailable from the record companies.

That's BS Ash, I happen to know for a fact that Gerard Butler pays for all his music. :P

I tend to reserve illegal downloads for music that is "out of print" and otherwise unavailable from the record companies.

Pretty much exactly my approach. If I can't find it/buy it or it isn't out yet, I might download it. If I then find it at a later date (or roll-on release date) then I'll buy it (preferably direct from the artist's website).

Back to the OP, that is a good deal to be fair (even if most Megadeth is a bit samey). You could probably pick up Rust In Peace for even less and you'd never really need to listen to anything else.

I buy music, if it's single songs. And if it's an album that I really want I'll buy teh CD.

Tend to illegally download stuff that I wouldn't otherwise buy, such as an album I'm just listening to on a whim

Over the years I replaced all my favourite LPs with CDs. But there were quite a few of those albums where I only really liked one track on it, so I was unwilling to fork out for it all over again. In those cases, I would happily spend 89p at Amazon to get the one good song. If it's not available I'll go looking for an alternative source.

[you're]

Not a metal fan.

I steal ethically. Plant and Page stole, so I'll steal from them, Mick n'Keef wont miss my tenner, so I'll steal from them. Up and coming new band - I'll pay full price.

I want to help young bands, but I don't know if my system helps them or goes in any way to improving the record industry for young musicians.

I tend to do a mixture of both, I will very rarely buy an MP3 album although I will buy a CD if it's something I really want

Though I do steal quite a lot but that's mainly because the stuff I like is not available in shops

And I'll steal if I just fancy listening to an album on a whim.

I only buy music if it's a really outstanding item....

Likewise. Then it will be a CD. I'm not paying for a **** invisible item like an MP3, it's nuts.

It is well established that artists don't get money for the records they sell. They might get a bigger deal with the record company, but they in the main make their money from touring. I'm sure somebody will try and prove me wrong, but I know I'm not from the inside.

I'll download something, if it's good I'll buy it more often than not. So it's up to them to do their job. Same with films. Almost every DVD I own is unwrapped because I've already watched the movie!

Who the hell buys music anymore?

Hand up here.

Though I don't consider MP3 to be a saleable format.

Because why? Mp3 is a variable feast, if we were talking about 128Kb/s mp3s I might agree, but VB0s are as good quality as the best of them and entirely saleable.

Â