Scottish Independence

maqroll

5 hours ago, villakram said:

and when exactly will the May and her merry band have this sorted out? Next UK election is gonna be a doozy!

If Corbyn is still in charge of Labour the Tories will walk it. 

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

out of interest where are you getting that info from  ?

Strongest in the sense that it's at the bottom of the table,so holding all the others up, maybe?

In the year to the third quarter of 2016, Scotland grew by 0.7%, well below the 2% recorded by the UK as a whole.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

I bet there are plenty of other people who also hold the same views as Dem. And if there are, then it's a big help to the SNP.

:snip:

Dem has said something akin to what many jocks have said for years , I know VT loves it's liberal side and hates the English :) , but what he's said is no worse than the sort of  "bigoted" opinions stated by many a poster in the tory Thread ..indeed had he made a similar comment about Tories instead of Jocks he'd probably have received dozens of cheap likes for his trouble

I appreciate its a forum and there is nothing wrong with calling someone out if they say something outrageous / daft  etc. but I dunno , I'm kinda with Dem on this one , Sturgeon is getting a bit carried away with her own importance and even Scotlands importance in this Union to a degree , I for one won't shed a tear if the SNP are no longer at Westminster blocking extended open hours for shops in England whilst having already approved them in Scotland just to get one over the Tory bastards (true they couldn't have blocked it on their own , but you get the sentiment)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This post is all over the place, but I'll touch on the part in bold first - they probably want to leave because people like yourself refer to Scotland, the strongest economy in the UK, as a "mosquito". If I was Scottish I'd want nothing more to do with this bigoted shit hole either to be honest. 

As for the last line, if you don't care then why the objection? Are you Paul Nuttall in disguise? 

You call this a bigot shithole which I simply ask why do you live here if you think so lowly of this place? Also what's the difference from what I've said to what you have? In fact what you been done is label people bigots and insulted the place as a whole while I have only insulted sturgeon as I think l she is annoying mosquito.

I actually think this country is great and I am proud to be living here and be a member of the UK. I suggest you leave this place of you a have such low opinion of our country.

Just for clarification I have no issue with the Scottish people, my issue is with sturgeon and what she represents, even if we were staying in Europe she would still want independence from Scotland.

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Dem has said something akin to what many jocks have said for years , I know VT loves it's liberal side and hates the English :) , but what he's said is no worse than the sort of  "bigoted" opinions stated by many a poster in the tory Thread ..indeed had he made a similar comment about Tories instead of Jocks he'd probably have received dozens of cheap likes for his trouble

I appreciate its a forum and there is nothing wrong with calling someone out if they say something outrageous / daft  etc. but I dunno , I'm kinda with Dem on this one , Sturgeon is getting a bit carried away with her own importance and even Scotlands importance in this Union to a degree , I for one won't shed a tear if the SNP are no longer at Westminster blocking extended open hours for shops in England whilst having already approved them in Scotland just to get one over the Tory bastards (true they couldn't have blocked it on their own , but you get the sentiment)

Tone this is the way villatalk is going unfortunately in some threads you can't have a opposing view without getting on jumped. You have posts like Pete who argue the point respectfully  and then Look at DDID post for example coming out all aggressive and calling us "bigots" what does that add to this debate ?

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tone this is the way villatalk is going unfortunately in some threads you can't have a opposing view without getting on jumped. You have posts like Pete who argue the point respectfully  and then Look at DDID post for example coming out all aggressive and calling us "bigots" what does that add to this debate ?

DDID has a lot of people close to him in his circle of friends that aren't English , they are probably deeply worried about things as they currently stand in England , I think it's all a little out of proportion in terms of how it's being reported and how leavers are being portrayed , but I can see why he feels strongly about the situation , heck say it quietly I even respect him for it ... tbh  I took it to be more a generic slur rather than calling out anyone in particular  

respectfully ,I think those that have called you out , have you called you out for the way you've said it and the way your case is a little all over the place , I understand what you are saying but I'm well versed in Demglish having been here all these years  :) 

sometimes  one just needs to take deep breath and step away from the keyboard and not take things so personally  (yes I'm crap at listening to my own advice :) ) ...

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think the message has got confused. Dem seems to be meaning to make comments about the SNP, but the words he's written read as if he's talking about everyone in Scotland, which has led to some crossed wires/confusion.

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They only care about themselves and not the UK that's why I don't care about Scotland. ...don't tell me to start shedding tears if they leave.

So it's not like making comments about tories, or tory politicians. As we know Scotland voted to remain part of the UK last time, and at least some of that was based around caring about more than just themselves. Dem's multiple posts as written read like slagging of Scotland, when my perception is he meant to slag off the SNP.

As you say if someone slags off everyone in a Country or a whole Country, based on a lie, or they appear to, then people will pick you up on it.

If you slag off Labour or Tory ineptitude or whatever in a bollitics thread, then that's more "fair" IMO.

[edit] as you say, we know Dem better than maybe some others, so understand there's no intended offence [/edit]

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think the message has got confused. Dem seems to be meaning to make comments about the SNP, but the words he's written read as if he's talking about everyone in Scotland, which has led to some crossed wires/confusion.

So it's not like making comments about tories, or tory politicians. As we know Scotland voted to remain part of the UK last time, and at least some of that was based around caring about more than just themselves. Dem's multiple posts as written read like slagging of Scotland, when my perception is he meant to slag off the SNP.

As you say if someone slags off everyone in a Country or a whole Country, based on a lie, or they appear to, then people will pick you up on it.

If you slag off Labour or Tory ineptitude or whatever in a bollitics thread, then that's more "fair" IMO.

[edit] as you say, we know Dem better than maybe some others, so understand there's no intended offence [/edit]

Yes at least you guys kind of understand what I was trying to imply. My problem is more with sturgeon and not Scotland as a country. She irritates me and just makes me feel that she actually doesn't care about the UK as a whole hence why I feel she is such a  cretin and why should I care what she says?

For the record I am pro UK and that includes Scotland  but if they want to desert the UK then go I won't be shedding any tears about it as I am sure they won't either were it to happen.

So now I see why some have taken offence and if you did then it was not at Scotland as a whole. Hope that clears that up.

42 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

DDID has a lot of people close to him in his circle of friends that aren't English , they are probably deeply worried about things as they currently stand in England , I think it's all a little out of proportion in terms of how it's being reported and how leavers are being portrayed , but I can see why he feels strongly about the situation , heck say it quietly I even respect him for it ... tbh  I took it to be more a generic slur rather than calling out anyone in particular  

respectfully ,I think those that have called you out , have you called you out for the way you've said it and the way your case is a little all over the place , I understand what you are saying but I'm well versed in Demglish having been here all these years  :) 

sometimes  one just needs to take deep breath and step away from the keyboard and not take things so personally  (yes I'm crap at listening to my own advice :) ) ...

Yeah good advice tone but maybe some should actually ask me what I am implying before jumping on me might be more helpful in future.

I openly admit sometimes my posting is not always worded the way it is suppose to therfore I will work more on that in future . @StefanAVFC let's be friends again =)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes at least you guys kind of understand what I was trying to imply. My problem is more with sturgeon and not Scotland as a country. She irritates me and just makes me feel that she actually doesn't care about the UK as a whole hence why I feel she is such a  cretin and why should I care what she says?

It's still an incoherent point. 

She doesn't care about the UK. She's actively trying to see her "country" secede from it. Her entire purpose is to not care about the UK. It's like saying "that Nigel Farage, he just seems to care more about the UK than the EU..." Yes. That's kind of his deal.

There are plenty of valid criticisms to level at the SNP's methods and motives, several of them in the last few pages.

"They seem to care more about Scotland than the UK as a whole" isn't really amongst them.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

... 2nd post another dignore ....

... timing leaves a spurs taste in my mouth. .......

... I have no desire into entering a digging match with you ......

Gotta love that demglish! :lol:

detail_1107_obs_digging.jpgVs Bricklined_privy.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

She doesn't care about the UK. She's actively trying to see her "country" secede from it. Her entire purpose is to not care about the UK. It's like saying "that Nigel Farage, he just seems to care more about the UK than the EU..." Yes. That's kind of his deal.

There are plenty of valid criticisms to level at the SNP's methods and motives, several of them in the last few pages.

"They seem to care more about Scotland than the UK as a whole" isn't really amongst them.

They do seem a bit pro Scottish though...

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

The difference is farage doesn't run our country though mate. She runs the largest party in Scotland.  If your one of the other nations in the uk why you going to even bother talking to her if it's all me me me not in the slightest care about England, Wales or Northern Ireland?

Â