The Most Useful Languages

Voinjama

I didn't struggle with French. In fact I was pretty good at it. Got an A at GCSE

but what I found was there was no conversational speaking taught.

After 5 years of learning French several times a week every week I couldn't hold a conversation in French.

I could write about my holiday or my daily routine with perfect grammar. But I couldn't speak the language

I got a E in O level which is still higher than a GCSE grade A * and I can barely say Bonjour you cheese eating surrender minkey

* Might not actually be true

Norwegian. Because Norwegian girls.

/thread

That's why I picked up a few bits in Hungarian... Turns out Dutch would have been a far better option anyway...

A bit of Magyar goes a long way , it's partly how I charmed Mrs H with my attempts at speaking it , obviously my wit , charm , rugged good looks and intellect played a part as well

Norwegian. Because Norwegian girls.

/thread

That's why I picked up a few bits in Hungarian... Turns out Dutch would have been a far better option anyway...

It's one of several reasons why I am doing Spanish. Well not Spanish girls, but those Latina honeys. I will tour Colombia before I hit the wooden box.

Edited by Voinjama

No way is a Cleveland Steamer a feminine noun

I believe it changes dependent on who is to perform it. I gave Voinjama the benefit of the doubt.

A bit of Magyar goes a long way , it's partly how I charmed Mrs H with my attempts at speaking it , obviously my British passport played a part as well

Rögzített.  ;)

• Like 4

I've never met anyone who spoke Irish even though quite a few Irish people. It's a strange one.

It is an endangered species of a language I think and the appointment of this Minister will not have helped.

I just love how it feels in my mouth. 

Yeah I get the impression it's dying out. I understand it's spoken more in the rural areas of ROI rather the main towns and cities. My friend from Dundalk didn't speak Irish, and he was as Irish as they come.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

problem with Irish is that its thought really badly that people want to be finished with it once they are finished school. Its actually a disgrace how it has happened and some sort of reform is needed

• Like 1

problem with Irish is that its thought really badly that people want to be finished with it once they are finished school. Its actually a disgrace how it has happened and some sort of reform is needed

Cos it's hard.

Taught ?

well we also don't like learning English either ;)

• Like 1

Â