Things that lift your mood

Shillzz

Beer helps, and a chippie. But if I do those last 2 too frequently I develop a guilt complex and have to cook myself a pasta dish with too many vegetables.

So you eat pasta to assuage food-related guilt?? :suspect: O....K....

playing cricket

making music...

I don't play cricket any more, but still, seeing it played, even or especially just on a village green, or listening to TMS is guaranteed to lift my mood.

Same with music - going to gigs.

Seeing a bird of prey, seeing all kinds of wildlife when out cycling, the birds feeding in the back yard, the moon last night, Skylarks in the spring and summer, and the smell of cut grass or of burnt aviation fuel or of tomatoes.

reading tales of thick people. Discovered this story ( in a book, but wanted to google to check hence old article link ):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/61579.stm

But a retired naval pilot from Nipomo in California is being accused of the greatest feat of global manipulation ever. And all because his name is Al Nino.

El Niño is a climatic phenomenon which has produced floods, tornadoes and, according to some scientists, has prolonged the fires that have devastated south-east Asia in the last year.

And Alphonso Nino, to give him his correct first name, has been deluged with telephone calls accusing him of being the cause of all the climatic trouble.

Speaking to the BBC Radio Four's Today programme, Mr Nino said he has been blamed for torrential rain and a farmer's failing strawberry crop and one man even accused Mr Nino of causing his daughter to lose her virginity (though it is not clear what the weather might have had to do with that). Needless to say Al had never met the woman in question....

the story actually recounted in the book( purportedly an academic one ) was that one man got so mad with the storms, he found an El Nino in the phone book, went round and shot him, but I've not found this particular incident on the interweb as yet so I take it was an exaggerated myth stemming from the above. Damn academics and their spurious claims!

Â