06/07 v 05/06 Comparison - After week 38 (SEASON OVER)

BOF

One can safely say that MO'N will finish the year 8th or better in his first season in charge

One can?! What after 4 games?! A season is 38 games long and I'd be pleased with 10th this season. Amazing what a couple of decent performances can do for confidence. I'm a realist and when the injuries hit and suspensions start I know this squad won't be capable of performing as well as it has done thus far under MON!

If the last 3 managers can rescue Villa from positions just outside the relegation zone under Ellis, and MO'N has the funds in Jan then Yes one can safely say they will finish 8th or higher. MO'N has a track record of astute signings, so the injury & suspension concerns are mitigated (I'll bet there will be a few choice Loan deals between now and Christmas as well).

Can you increase the size BOF? Bit hard to read with this new quote box thingy.

Request was made and Simon duly obliged. If you're still seeing the small font then do a refresh.

(I'll bet there will be a few choice Loan deals between now and Christmas as well).

Not by villa there won't, the transfer window is shut and barring a goalkeeping emergency sides will be stuck with what they have! have updated the Lawro league and will post the first standings of it next week as it'll be at 6 games and a few sides will have spread out following Lawro's non predictions on the first two games!

Week 5 updated. We are 4pts better off than last season, not to mention unbeaten.

Next up is a home tie against Charlton.

Week 6 last season was a 1-1 home draw with Spurts.

One other thing to note is our home attendance against Charlton last season, just a smidgen over 30k at 30,023 which was our 5th lowest Premiership attendance of the season.

Early (conflicting) reports from the ticket office are suggesting that the game on Saturday will be anything from 35k to 40k. Suffice to say it'll be a big improvement on last season's game which was also a 3pm Saturday kickoff.

Lawro's League Week 6 (The first two weeks were all put as 0-0's as the camp one made no predictions, hence the rather large sum of draws)

Team      P W D L GD Pts

Man Utd   6 4 2 0  7 14

Chelsea   6 3 3 0  6 12

Blackburn 6 3 2 1  1 11

Arsenal   5 3 1 1  5 10

Liverpool 6 2 4 0  2 10

A Villa   6 2 4 0  2 10

Bolton    6 2 3 1  2  9

Wigan     5 2 2 1  1  8

Pompey    6 1 5 0  1  8

Everton   6 1 4 1  0  7

W. Ham    6 1 4 1 -1  7

Spurs     6 1 3 2  0  6

Newcastle 6 1 3 2  0  6

Sheff Utd 6 1 3 2 -2  6

Reading   6 1 2 3 -3  5

Charlton  6 0 4 2 -3  4

Watford   6 0 3 3 -4  3

Man City  6 0 3 3 -4  3

Boro      6 0 3 3 -5  3

Fulham    6 0 3 3 -6  3

You get the gist at the moment! Am waiting to see if he predicts a score for the Arse game in hand or not, if he doesn't that too will go as a 0-0

BOF : Prettified it

Charlton result added.

Coincidentally, week 7 last season was also a trip to Stamford Bridge. It resulted in a 2-1 defeat that saw us slipping to 15th in the table and with the worst away record in the league.

We have more than double our points of this stage last year, we are unbeaten compared to having lost 3, we are untouched at home.

The magic continues too. Week 8 last season was a completely demoralising 3-2 home defeat at the grubby hands of Middlesbrough that put us 1pt above the relegation zone. Next up is Spurs.

• 2 weeks later...

A sell-out against Spurs and 8 clear of last season's tally. We didn't even sell out against the Blues last season. Hopefully the attendance moaners will stay quiet now.

Chelsea take over on top of Lawro's League this week as Man Utd play Liverpool and Lawro couldn't possibly predict either side to lose. Villa creep up to 6th, meanwhile Reading sit a shocking 19th according to Camp boy. I'll post the full league standings (which Bri will have to tidy up for me) next week as we'll be at the 10 games gone point!

Week 10 last season saw us come crashing down to earth with a 2-0 home loss against new boys Wigan. This after the euphoria of beating Birmingham on their own patch. Next up for us is a trip to Anfield. I smell a defeat. Hopefully the monkey will be off our back after this one.

1 win and 4 losses better than last year, 2 temporary signings in Sutton & Agathe (like Loans) with a player or two to come in January maybe, that top 8 is looking pretty safe ;)

Still got that feeling that somehow MO'N and the chargers will remain unbeaten in the Prem for a few weeks yet. We have statistics in our favour being the "ONLY" unbeaten team at this point in all 4 divisions! Usually there are a couple in each div at this point in time, so I smell our 1st. away win of the season, now that would be a monkey off the back.

We can all keep the fingers crossed :)

Cheers...

Time for Lawro League after 10 games

TEAM        P  W  D  L  GD Pts

Chelsea    10  7  3  0  14  24

Man Utd    10  7  3  0  12  24

Arsenal     9  7  1  1  14  22

Liverpool  10  4  6  0   6  18

West Ham   10  3  6  1   2  15

Bolton     10  3  5  2   2  14

Villa      10  3  5  2  -1  14

Wigan       9  3  4  2   2  13

Everton    10  3  4  3   1  13

Blackburn  10  3  4  3  -3  13

Tottenham  10  2  6  2   1  12

Portsmouth 10  2  6  2   0  12

Boro       10  2  4  4  -4  10

Charlton   10  1  5  4  -5   8

Sheff Utd  10  1  5  4  -6   8

Newcastle  10  1  4  5  -5   7

Fulham     10  1  4  5  -6   7

Watford    10  1  4  5  -7   7

Man City   10  1  4  5  -7   7

Reading    10  1  2  7  -10  5 

I see he has great faith in Reading. Nice to see he hates Newcastle :) He's been 'a bit wrong' with the 'aaaaammers tho' hehe. He has them 5th in his league FFS !!!

Liverpool loss recorded.

Last season in week 11 we lost 3-1 away to Man City and fell to 16th in the league.

Next up for us is a home tie against Blackburn - a tie we won 1-0 last season in week 4 thanks to new signing Milan Baros' first goal for the club. He could do with another one right about now.

And for those of you obsessed with attendance. Last season's home tie with Blackburn was a 3pm Saturday kick off with no Sky coverage and the attendance was a pathetic 31,010. I'd expect a lot more than that this coming Sunday.