Neil Warnock Fired by QPR..

dudevillaisnice

Bitterly, bitterly disappointed by this.

If Randy had any sense whatsoever he would have employed Martin Jol instead of AM. He didn't.

If Randy had any sense whatsoever he would have sacked AM and employed Hughes. He didn't.

A totally inept chairman who makes 'deadly' look like a genuis!

When you get rid of a manager you should actually appoint someone better, a la Blunderland and now QPR

Randy got rid of a manager and then appointed someone worse, got rid of him and appointed someone worse than the original replacement

It really is quite unbelievable

^ Makes you wonder about the next appointment :)

On a side note, apparently it doesn't take weeks and months to hire a manager even in the middle of a season.

Both QPR and Sunderland's new managers were free agents though. I remember there being thin pickings amongst free agents when MON left.

I'm less inclined to criticise the Houllier appointment than the McLeish one because we were in a pretty desperate situation back then. Last summer however we really should have done a much better job of it.

both clubs also sacked their manager and you would say at a guess (QPR especially) both clubs would have put the feelers out before doing so, or at least in preparation have some sort of effective contingency in place

IMO you cant blame randy for not having the same, it took so long and was such a mess because MON **** us, agree with londonlax, last summer we had the chance to put it right but didnt

On a side note, apparently it doesn't take weeks and months to hire a manager even in the middle of a season.

Both QPR and Sunderland's new managers were free agents though. I remember there being thin pickings amongst free agents when MON left.

I'm less inclined to criticise the Houllier appointment than the McLeish one because we were in a pretty desperate situation back then. Last summer however we really should have done a much better job of it.

Well to me it looks like both QPR and Sunderland knew exactly who they wanted and simply went and got their man, unlike us, who had to schedule many interviews ( then cancelled some ) - the whole publicity made it a proper farce.

both clubs also sacked their manager and you would say at a guess (QPR especially) both clubs would have put the feelers out before doing so, or at least in preparation have some sort of effective contingency in place

IMO you cant blame randy for not having the same, it took so long and was such a mess because MON **** us, agree with londonlax, last summer we had the chance to put it right but didnt

I agree. Can completely understand what happened the summer before last, along with the appointment. They made a complete hash of it this summer though. Wouldn't have been so bad if we had got somebody decent but we ended up with one of the worst managers in the history of the league.

Well to me it looks like both QPR and Sunderland knew exactly who they wanted and simply went and got their man, unlike us, who had to schedule many interviews ( then cancelled some ) - the whole publicity made it a proper farce.

thats the difference when you sack your manager!

of course fernandes knew who he wanted and went and got him he's probably spent the last 2 months thinking about it

• 2 weeks later...
Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton has launched a Twitter tirade on Neil Warnock by saying the team's former manager "needs to look in the mirror" if he wants to blame anyone for his sacking.

On Thursday, Warnock made comments on the power of social networking sites such as Twitter and said he lost his job after his reputation was "slowly poisoned" by critics inside and outside the club.

"My (former) chairman (at QPR) tweets a lot and some of my players tweet and players only look after themselves so it's quite easy to start rumours with this new modern media and I don't think it helps anybody," Warnock had told the BBC.

"It's a dangerous precedent if you let players talk to the chairman but, you know, you can't stop tweeting."

Barton, famous for causing controversy throughout his career, used his favourite medium to hit back.

"Lost his job and the guy is blaming everyone but himself! Embarrassing, time to look in the mirror mate," Barton tweeted (@Joey7Barton).

"If I talked about Neil, he'd do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job???? I can think of a million other things!"

Barton, who was made club captain by Warnock, also hinted new manager Mark Hughes had superior tactical and organisational skills to Warnock.

"Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomo (tomorrow). 1st time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised," he added.

Warnock was fired after a dramatic slump in form that left them without a win in eight successive Premier League matches and on the edge of the relegation zone.

Warnock, who was appointed in March 2010 and won 33 of his 84 matches in charge, guided the West London club back to the Premier League for the first time in 15 years last season.

http://tinyurl.com/6qmohj2

Â