Neil Warnock Fired by QPR..

dudevillaisnice

the worry for us being it's one more team that could potentially get stronger and push us closer to relegation
Yes absolutely

Whilst it is all well and good saying "glad he has gone, he deserves it", the comment you have made is the bigger picture

I think they want to spend a substantial amount this January and worried that Colin could not handle it. They will go for someone they believe can handle it and that bloke may well spend a fortune, some of it may even be coming our way

the worry for us being it's one more team that could potentially get stronger and push us closer to relegation
Yes absolutely

Whilst it is all well and good saying "glad he has gone, he deserves it", the comment you have made is the bigger picture

I think they want to spend a substantial amount this January and worried that Colin could not handle it. They will go for someone they believe can handle it and that bloke may well spend a fortune, some of it may even be coming our way

I know exactly what you're referring to but I can't see it happening.

Here we go...

Mark Hughes is the front-runner to take over at QPR - with chief executive Philip Beard hoping the club will make an appointment in the next 48 hours.

Ex-Wales boss Hughes, 48, was in charge at Fulham before leaving in June and has been out of the game since then.

Beard told BBC Radio 5 Live: "We are working extremely hard to bring in the right person.

"I'm hoping we have someone in place in advance of our game against Newcastle [on Sunday]."

Welshman Hughes also has Premier League experience with Blackburn and Manchester City. Beard agrees that Hughes has the kind of background that the club are looking for although they have "three or four" candidates in mind.

but he is not worth that much money in football terms only 250 million so i dont think will be a cavalier approach to the transfer market

Just asked this on another thread but I thought Mittal was still involved with 33 percent share, is that not the case?

i still cannot believe we blew 5m bringing in mcleish when hughes was available for nothing just sums up our clueless board of directors

Yeah but i very much doubt it's as black and white as that.

What if Hughes wanted 30m to spend?

What if Hughes wanted a clause in his contract that he could leave if a "bigger" club comes knocking?

I'ts easy to just expect Hughes to even want to come to us, but thefact is, we may have tried for him and he turned us down.

I think he will do well at QPR. He's pretty shrewd in the transfer market, can see them going in for Samba if Spurs dont.

It's Hughes :

Queens Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Mark Hughes as the Club's new Manager.

The 48 year-old has signed a two-and-a-half year deal at Loftus Road and will take charge of First Team training this afternoon.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Hughes said: "It's a great feeling to be back in football and to be the Manager of QPR.

"I'm fully aware of the challenge in the short and long term and I am genuinely excited about the ambition of the owners.

"Nobody can doubt the history of this great Football Club and the passion of its fantastically loyal supporters.

"Now the immediate priority is to consolidate our place in the Barclays Premier League, but beyond that, the future is very bright and fills me with great enthusiasm."

QPR Chairman, Tony Fernandes, said: "Mark has a proven track record in the Premier League, bringing a wealth of experience at both Club and international level.

"He has a great passion to achieve as a Manager and has already been hugely successful in his career.

"His ambitions match those of the Board and we are delighted to have him at the helm."

QPR Vice Chairman, Amit Bhatia, added: "Mark has a great managerial pedigree and has proven over the years to be a very astute Manager.

"I am looking forward to working with him to bring success to the Club."

QPR CEO, Philip Beard, said: "Having spoken at length with Mark, I know he is brimming with enthusiasm and anticipation about the challenge of taking QPR forward and I believe he is the perfect choice to deliver the success we all desire."

Vastly-experienced, Hughes has built a reputation as one of Britain's most admired Managers, with success at both Club and international level.

He has a proven track record in the transfer market, recruiting the likes of Vincent Kompany, Nigel de Jong, Moussa Dembele and Christopher Samba to the Premier League.

In his five years in charge of Wales, Hughes turned around the fortunes of the national side, before being appointed Blackburn Rovers boss in September 2004.

He guided Rovers to seventh place in the 2007/08 Premier League campaign, before moving to Manchester City at the start of the following season.

City, with the riches of the Abu Dhabi United investment group, would go on to finish tenth in Hughes' first season in charge, as well as reaching the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup.

His spell in Manchester ended in December 2009, however, when he was controversially replaced by Roberto Mancini despite City sitting pretty in sixth place in the top-flight.

Fulham was his next port of call, where he exceeded all expectations with an eighth place finish and Europa League qualification through the Fair Play League.

Hughes - who has only finished outside the top half of the top-flight once in his managerial career - will be joined at the Club by Assistant Manager Mark Bowen, First Team Coach Eddie Niedzwiecki and Goalkeeping Coach Kevin Hitchcock.

The Club will be making no further comment.

Fair play to them.. wish we had him instead.

http://tinyurl.com/77835zk

So let's get this straight....

Sunderland - Bruce sacked, MON hired within days during the season.

QPR - Warnock sacked, Hughes hired within days during the season.

Villa - Houllier compensated, McLeish hired/compensated and it took weeks during where there was no football playing.

The board will be the death of us.

Â