Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I wouldnt buy a Macron kit ... proper rubbish .... Would rather wait until a November launch and have Nike...

Also if I were a player .... who obviously this effects more than us fans ..... would hate to be douching around in Macron training wear. Its not about the name soley, its about the research and design of the sportswear......

The Nike Dri-Fit base layers and pro-combat shorts are the benchmark for the professional athlete .... along with adidas maybe ...

Would be gutted as a player and fan with Macron ...

Would anyone seriously not buy a kit if it had one brand instead of another, even if it was the same design

Nike is somewhat exclusive whilst Macron is incredibly shit. It is easy as that, brand recognition. Have you ever

seen a car from afar and kept you eyes on it, before realizing it was not a Porsche but a Hyundai?

Another thing, this template thingy is kind of strange to me. The kits never look like the templates in real life anyway, and

all producers would look the same on a template.

The Nike Dri-Fit base layers and pro-combat shorts are the benchmark for the professional athlete .... along with adidas maybe ...

So are Nike the benchmark or are Adidas?

Perhaps the use by professional athletes are more due to the fact that THEY ARE PAID TO WEAR THEM - AND GIVEN THE GEAR FREE.

whats macrons distribution network throughout the uk and world?

is it as vast as nike?

how many macron outlets in capital cities across the world are there? how many top sports stars wear macron?

how many of you who claim you dont care who makes it as long as it says aston villa, have ever bought a macron top before, or how many macron products have you previously purchased?

how many nike products have you ever owned?

unless people start lying to try and not look stupid i would guess everyone has at one stage or another had at least 1 non villa nike product, just the 60,000 members of this forum would be 60,000 products none villa ( and the chances are the figure is more like 3 or 4 products none villa) i predict possibly 50 people at most out of the 60,000 have previously bought a macron product

so being as generous to macron as i can when realistically the figures are 3 or 4 times at the very least bigger in nikes favour

nike outsells macro 1200 to 1

how much does the aston villa casual wear such as polo shirts, tracksuit tops, winter coats and so on, are sold each year? i know several people that only got the footy top normally but when the huge range of nike villa casual ranges came out bought 3 or 4 tops or what ever when previously they didnt.

so for those who 'dont care who makes the kit a long as that brand gives us the most money', can you give any kind of prediction or explaination how by selling substantially less villa merchendise, be it footy tops or casual wear it wont effect villas revenue and global branding?

unless macron pays villa something around £15 million per season i would guess it is not worth it either financially or in terms of lowering our own product identity any further than it has plumetted in the last 7 months

So are Nike the benchmark or are Adidas?

Perhaps the use by professional athletes are more due to the fact that THEY ARE PAID TO WEAR THEM - AND GIVEN THE GEAR FREE.

Well in my opinion Nike .... im sure others would disagree .... its not totally my area ...

Im sure if you stripped all the footballers of their paid deals Macron as a personal choice would be way down on the list

Saying that they are the preferred choice of the Football League... why dont we aim low hey? Some big clubs have already got involved:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macron_(sportswear)

Every major club has Adidas or Nike - apart from City who have Umbro. That contract was signed before things kicked off though and its widely regarded they'll change soon. The only contract Umbro want is England.

is it as vast as nike?

how many macron outlets in capital cities across the world are there? how many top sports stars wear macron?

how many of you who claim you dont care who makes it as long as it says aston villa, have ever bought a macron top before, or how many macron products have you previously purchased?

unless people start lying to try and not look stupid i would guess everyone has at one stage or another had at least 1 non villa nike product, just the 60,000 members of this forum would be 60,000 products none villa ( and the chances are the figure is more like 3 or 4 products none villa) i predict possibly 50 people at most out of the 60,000 have previously bought a macron product

so being as generous to macron as i can when realistically the figures are 3 or 4 times at the very least bigger in nikes favour

how much does the aston villa casual wear such as polo shirts, tracksuit tops, winter coats and so on, are sold each year? i know several people that only got the footy top normally but when the huge range of nike villa casual ranges came out bought 3 or 4 tops or what ever when previously they didnt.

so for those who 'dont care who makes the kit a long as that brand gives us the most money', can you give any kind of prediction or explaination how by selling substantially less villa merchendise, be it footy tops or casual wear it wont effect villas revenue and global branding?

unless macron pays villa something around £15 million per season i would guess it is not worth it either financially or in terms of lowering our own product identity any further than it has plumetted in the last 7 months

Totally agree with this....

I work on Oxford Circus and its great going over to Nike Town at lunch and seeing 100's of tourists per day at least checking out our strip in there, next to Inter Milan, Barca, Arsenal.

They even had a large Ashly Young and Rooney poster the week leading up to the Carling Cup final .... Not to metioned the Marc Albrighton print on buses in Hong Kong this summer, and the Villa launch at Nike Town Honk Kong.

Imagine having a Macron launch .... do me a favour. You cant get a West Ham kit round here for love or money. My Ammers mate has to go through the club shop....

(Im sure people will point to this as a positive but if yuou want to isolate the potential brand awarensess to the 40k who have already bought in then we will continue to stand still)

is it as vast as nike?

Great post :thumb:

You cant get a West Ham kit round here for love or money. My Ammers mate has to go through the club shop....

1. Go to SportsDirect on Oxford Street. I live in Islington though, so it might be closer to go into the Sports shop on Chapel Market for me; about 10 mins on the bus.

2. Purchase Ammers kit

3. Job done.

You cant get a West Ham kit round here for love or money. My Ammers mate has to go through the club shop....

1. Go to SportsDirect on Oxford Street. I live in Islington though, so it might be closer to go into the Sports shop on Chapel Market for me; about 10 mins on the bus.

2. Purchase Ammers kit

3. Job done.

Apologies for not being specific on the Weast Ham point, he was struggling on Kit Launch day - im sure you can get one now.

For the record I got my Villa Top on Launch day from Nike Town.

Anyway, back to the points on Nike being better for the club than Macron .....

2. Purchase Ammers kit

3. Job done.

Apologies for not being specific on the Weast Ham point, he was struggling on Kit Launch day - im sure you can get one now.

For the record I got my Villa Top on Launch day from Nike Town.

Anyway, back to the points on Nike being better for the club than Macron .....

Ah, apologies for slight jibe then!

In tems of quality and not looking like a leisure centre supervisor the best kits I have owned as a Villa fan were made by Umbro and Nike.

I had the Diadora and Hummel kits of the noughties and to be honest they were all horrid. Brands like those and Macron just try to imitate the brand leaders such as Nike, Adidas, Umbro. You will pay over the odds for an unfashionable, cheaply made kit and I bet that it won't cost any less than you currently pay.

Those who think it doesn't matter whether it's Macron or Nike are probably the sorts that will choose a Donnay tracksuit over a Nike one because it's cheaper! A big revenue for clubs is merchandise and I am confident the club has seen a big increase in this since switching from Hummel to Nike. Lets be honest the kids these days want the top brands, I bet some even choose football clubs based on it. I don't see the point in switching to a less popular brand unless you have no other choice or they are offering a ridiculous amount of money.

Changing to Macron would be another, admittedly much less significant, step back by this, until recently, progressive and big club.

Bit OT, but I'm quite surprised at how many people are going on about how 'unfashionable' etc hummel are. Fair enough the Hummel villa kits were pretty awful, but they are a much bigger brand, much more famous, have a much wider circulation of kits etc than Macron.

ive stumbled across this thread by accident - and I gotta admit, at 33, I dont buy football club merchandise and shirts and havent since I was about 14 or so. Personally I think seeing grown men in football shirts and merchandise, whether at the ground or in everyday life, is rather childish - but thats just my opinion...........

Anyway, i cant believe how many people really care and take to heart about what kit the team wear.

What I can say is whether we have Nike or Macron im pretty sure the club will go with what is the best deal on the table for Villa. These people arent stupid and arent in the position theyre in by being stupid.............. Ive read a few posts on here and the key quote off a lot of people is "I Guess" this or "I Guess" that.......... the fact of the matter is the only people that know what is on the table are the relevant personnel at Villa and the manufacturers...........

Bit OT, but I'm quite surprised at how many people are going on about how 'unfashionable' etc hummel are. Fair enough the Hummel villa kits were pretty awful, but they are a much bigger brand, much more famous, have a much wider circulation of kits etc than Macron.

I agree, Hummel is a touch of retro in a world where most kits fit a template regardless of club tradition. Fans of other teams have often remarked to me how much they liked the Hummel kit Villa had.

To be clear I do also like and probably prefer having Nike as a sponsor though as it means we have the brand and the marketing expertise that goes with it that results in greater appeal and more money for our club.

...apart from City who have Umbro. That contract was signed before things kicked off though and its widely regarded they'll change soon. The only contract Umbro want is England.

Where is it widely regarded that City will change soon? Who do you think they'll change to? Reckon adidas or Nike or one of the others?

And how do you know the only contract Umbro want is England?

Â