Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

TBH the Nike shirt I have the build quality is shocking ,my old diadora shirt has held up better so I am not that fussed to be honest who makes it as long as the thing does'nt start falling apart after one wash !!

astonvillamacron.png

Not the real kit but what a macron kit may look like

Good mock up, thanks. It's easier to consider the possibility of it happening when there's a picture to refer to

I like how the logo on the arms makes a \o/

Its cute.

Yuck.

Whoever we get it wilol be similar. Blue sleeves and Claret Body. Would you like it more if I took of the Macro logos and put a Nike logo.

err, yes? that's the point of not wanting macron. there wouldn't be the stupid man on each arm, for one. cheap materials and ugly template 'styling'.

image-3-for-sport-pics-07-01-12-gallery-40318258.jpg

we'll have the same shirt as west ham with a villa badge. horrible.

as i have previously said though, since so many people seem to be suggesting people are so upset over this - I don't care what the sponsor is and how the players look on the pitch, but i'm not going to buy one. simple as that.

Might seem like a minor detail to some but a club's kit supplier DOES have a major impact on people's perception. People naturally associate Nike/Adidas/Puma/Umbro with bigger, more successful clubs and second-rate brands like Macron with small time, second-rate clubs.

Unfortunately it seems as though we, as a club, are regressing, so it might be only fitting for us to end up being associated with a lesser brand. Sad face.

Also, Macron's kits are f***ing horrible and I can't see very many people buying their merchandise, even if it has a Villa crest on it.

Might seem like a minor detail to some but a club's kit supplier DOES have a major impact on people's perception. People naturally associate Nike/Adidas/Puma/Umbro with bigger, more successful clubs and second-rate brands like Macron with small time, second-rate clubs.

Unfortunately it seems as though we, as a club, are regressing, so it might be only fitting for us to end up being associated with a lesser brand. Sad face.

Also, Macron's kits are f***ing horrible and I can't see very many people buying their merchandise, even if it has a Villa crest on it.

this....

its true having a brand like nike give us a higher profile and our kits in more shops etc.

we can't control what kit maker we have though and most of us will still buy the shirt whoever its made by.

All of that is totally subjective. You may as well replace "people" with "I or my" as appropriate.

Rumors spreading on other forums that Marcon is taking over from Nike.

I BLOODY HOPE NOT!!!!

Probably more suitable for the championship though :twisted:

Yeah like that championship club Napoli, sorry not championship, champions league.

Spot on.

If the shirt (and by extension our image) isn't really that important, lets just play in a nice shade of hearing aid beige.

Or maybe that weird vomit effect that B-lose had early 90's.

Clubs with similar colours to ours (West Ham/ Burnley) have generally had inferior, cheaper looking kits over the years. Apart from some of the Hummel monstosities (and the checkered effort last year) ours have looked a bit more respectable, more befitting a club of our status.

The merchandise is a key point also.

Yes a company like Macron, Hummel or similar might offer us more money up front, but unless it's seriously lucrative (in excess of £4/5 million per year) we might be better off taking the Nike teamwear deal. The training range and general popularity on the brand will always ensure it sells well, and the overall units could exceed bigger initial payments from inferior brands.

I'm not sure a comparison with the Tottingham deal stands up to scrutiny either. They are effectively breaking Under Armour into the domestic football market. West Ham already have that dubious honour with Macron.

Â